passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bayonetta 3

DisturbedSwan

No, that was at the end. I mean in normal gameplay you get to use DT, transform in to a Sparda wannabe and throw shit at people. I think you can use the sword too but I also remember throwing fireballs at people. 

Or I’m wrong. I can’t find any gameplay on the internet because all Google results for Devil Trigger come back with the song 

Either way. I didn’t hate UC it just felt like a generic rage meter that a lot of these games have 

7 hours ago, Maf said:

Yeah the backgrounds are super grey and lifeless. One of the things better about Bayo 2 was the more fuller colour and flourish. Hopefully it’s just a bad environment

The city in Bayo 2 at the beginning didn't look particularly nice either. It was brighter, but still technically ugly. The game, or series as a whole, was always visually most impressive in the Paradiso segments. Bayo 3 will look dated because it's a Switch game running at 60fps but I think the area they showed off in that trailer isn't its good side.

Edit: some people online seem to be theorising that this might feature multiple dimensions and the Bayonetta in the trailer would be grown-up Cereza (which technically is Bayonetta, but from a different time or something - I kind of lost the plot at the end of Bayo 1). She actually does have kind of the same hairstyle:

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Screenshot_1-90af.jpg?quality=90&strip=a

The logo with the moon splitting into different shapes at the end also kind of hints towards this. Kind of interesting actually, particularly as I've never really been invested in its lore despite how much I love the series.

Hyped as hell! We finally got to see it, fuck me, I was in my 20s when it was first announced! 

Graphically it doesn't look great but beyond that it looks great, very similar to B1 and B2 but couldn't go into the nitty gritty of what has changed, looks better etc. As I can't really remember those past titles all that well. 

But yeah, it's fucking Bayonetta 3, that's good enough for me.

There's screenshots that give a better sense of image quality in the game itself. I mean they're jpegs but good enough

(I wonder where switch emulation will get to in the next few years, to get a 4k 60 version of this)

09.jpg

08.jpg

First image is interesting, has a psuedo style switching style mechanic with the demons. How flexible will it be tho, do you have a big summon animation when switching or is it more typical insta switch for bigger combat flexibility. Cause they are demons, not weapons, so it seems like that might be hard to implement

She didn't do any weapon swap in the trailer, was very focused on the kaiju stuff. So it's hard to know how crucial that stuff is, eg you can't summon a lava spider in a small train carriage. But does the phantom spider act like a kind of 'stance' to do moves with different properties? That's all I can think of

edit maybe this game is Scalebound?

Unironically might have me slightly more interested then, on account of it being something completely different

(tho I wish they would put a guy like that on a Drakengard 4 instead 😢)

The train screenshot looks much better. I’m hoping it’s just the environment in the trailer that looks kind of grey and dull and there will be more interesting looking areas and colour palette. Even though I think B1 is much better than B2, visually B2 is better and more pleasing hands down 

Spoiler

B1

ss_a6089219457a3e0ce669bbbfd149ce6ffaebf

B2

WiiU_Bayonetta2_09.bmp

The character model and the train screenshot I think has more pop to it, where the trailer footage makes it look more muted and bland like Bayonetta 1. Hopefully it’s just a bad environment. 

B2 has better contrast but then it goes completely the other direction by having huge advent children cutscenes in the background while you have a fight at 25 fps in the foreground. While B1 has multiple ways to play it at high res 60 fps. Having played them back to back a few years ago B1 combat readability and visual cleaness is much better for that reason alone

That's where the platform exclusivity stuff can get really annoying, maybe tho I should look into what cemu can do for a game like Bayo 2 and if it can run at 4k 60 now.

There's a screenshot out there of bayonetta's gun saying 'color my world' or something like that. That could literally mean that you make the world colourful in the story or something but I dunno about that lol

I disagree I think B2 is way easier to read. It’s such a fuller picture with more effects, colour and flourish. It’s a much better looking game. Technical improvements on newer platforms might make B1 look sharper but it never looks as interesting, clean or as vibrant as Bayonetta 2. One of my extremely few dislikes of Bayonetta 1 is that it’s so grey and washed out all the time. I was hoping they would adjust the colour or give it HDR with the PS4/XOne remasters but I don’t think they did

This is the fight I'm mainly talking about btw. This video didn't capture it at 60fps but I believe it didn't run at 60 for this fight anyway, lots of drops

Spoiler

B1 can be grey but the actual pace of character's movement and animations are slower and more deliberate anyway, so I never found it particularly difficult to visually parse. It also depends on what version you play I think, the Xbox 360 version was more saturated for some reason than Switch and Playstation, which were quite desaturated. 

imo the grey of B3 is a bit underwhelming but shouldn't be looked in isolation from things like framerate and other parts of the presentation. This lumen sage fight drove me nuts and there are even worse examples.

10 minutes ago, Maf said:

One of my extremely few dislikes of Bayonetta 1 is that it’s so grey and washed out all the time.

Remember that Bayo 1 was their first big project as Platinum and it also came out at a time when basically the entirety of Japan was struggling to adapt to HD development. All that taken into consideration I think it's a fine looking game. 2 looks a lot more accomplished and is easier on the eyes, though sometimes it puts spectacle in front of playability, I agree with dawrf on that. It never bothered me to such an extent though, probably because I'm awful at these games and the stuff I can't see is probably stuff I wouldn't have been able to react to anyway.

I agree B2 can put spectacle in front of playability. That boss fight @one-armed dwarf highlights is a good example of that. But certain boss fight design aside I still think B2 is a cleaner, brighter, easier to see game than the first. Bayonetta 1 isn’t a bad looking game but I’ve always found it a bit bland and grainy. Bayonetta 2 looks more like a glossy, pop music video in comparison and I prefer the look. 

I didn’t know B2 had frame rate problems. Maybe that’s why I think the game is not as good but I wasn’t aware of that. 

Bayo's old VA made a very weird tweet lol

Apparently it's text to speak. She also said this

As well as saying 'I couldn't possibly comment' to everyone who asks her directly if she's in the game. Which is a house of cards line when the main character wants to confirm something in a way that doesn't incriminate himself lol

On 25/09/2021 at 04:16, AndyKurosaki said:

Dear games being console exclusives: kindly fuck off lol.

With Bayonetta it's always been "exclusive or not at all" since part 2, so I'll take the exclusivity. SEGA would never have paid for a 5 year development of Bayonetta 3.

WRT the voice actress. If you read her Twitter she comes off as a looney toon. Maybe she is a crazy person and they just don’t want to work with her? I probably shouldn’t judge someone by reading their Twitter for 5 minutes. But it would make a lot of sense after that bunch of nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, Maf said:

WRT the voice actress. If you read her Twitter she comes off as a looney toon. Maybe she is a crazy person and they just don’t want to work with her? I probably shouldn’t judge someone by reading their Twitter for 5 minutes. But it would make a lot of sense after that bunch of nonsense. 

imo you probably shouldn't judge people so quick like that, yes. She's very religious and weird and sounds like she hasn't actually seen much of the game that she's in cause it's all about nekkid ladies murdering gods. But I don't think it's something where Nintendo went 'ick, no thanks'.

For now it seems like she was dropped cause she's part of some voice actors union

• 9 months later...