passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

spatular

Completed the week one challenges on PS4 and Switch. Yup, I have the Battle Pass bought on both platforms. PS4 paid for itself as I have a ton of V-Bucks from playing and daily logins on the Save the World mode, but I did have to stump up £7.99 for the Switch battle pass. I should earn enough through season 5 to pay for the next one, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing quite a bit of this the past couple of days with the Missus via Crossplay with her Xbox, such a blast. So much so that I decided to stump up the £8 for the Battle Pass. 

We've come second about 3 or 4 times now and almost got the win just now (took 1 of the guys out of the last couple) but unfortunately the one dude remaining killed us both. 

I also had one game with @retroed where we drove around in a golf buggy for awhile then got ambushed by some dudes :lol: 

Played a bit solo and in squads with randoms, I still haven't won a Victory Royale since my one and only on iOS awhile back ? but come top 10 quite regularly, I think the wins will come in time, just need to learn the map more and get better at building.

What's your Epic username @Blakey? I didn't know I played a game with you!

I've managed to merge my Switch account with my Xbox, so I have moved over from PS4 now. Can't believe Sony are still being arseholes about cross-play, but I wasn't waiting anymore. I bought Save the World again whilst it was 50% off, too.

I set up another account for my boy on the Switch and we were playing duos over the weekend. Me on the TV and him on handheld stand using a Pro controller. It's a total blast and we came second yesterday, a win isn't far away.

2 hours ago, retroed said:

I set up another account for my boy on the Switch and we were playing duos over the weekend. Me on the TV and him on handheld stand using a Pro controller. It's a total blast and we came second yesterday, a win isn't far away.

That's the future right there. 

My Epic name is BlakeySFC @retroed Not sure what time it was yesterday, probably around 6, you were on the PS4 and I was on my PC.

Are you not gutted to lose all your Battle Pass progress on PS4 though and start again from scratch? I haven’t even got much stuff on my account but making a new Switch Epic account and having fuck all was rather gutting. Likewise when I rebought Overwatch on PC and had no skins or progress at all ? felt like starting again from scratch. 

Definitely feels like having a PC gets the best of all worlds with crossplay, can play Xbox exclusives with the missus and all multiplats that have it enabled.

I still don’t think it’s important @Sly Reflex it won’t shift consoles but is a good feature.

I’m glad people like Ed can crossplay with their kids and stuff, that’s great. You’ve got to remember though we are a hardcore group of gamers on here, I’m talking about Joe Bloggs on the street that plays Fortnite/FIFA/COD etc. I still don’t think they care one iota.

Games sell consoles, not services. Services only prop up failing consoles.

6 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

It's not about shifting consoles. It's about good consumer practices.

Casual consumers have shown time and time again they don’t care about good consumer practices in their games.

Only folks like me and you even known about that shit, casual folks are conditioned through mobile games to think the monetisation of games is a normal thing.

First they came for the mobile gamers, and I did not speak out—

Because I was not a mobile gamer.

Then they came for the EA Sports players, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not an EA Sports player.

Then they came for the rest of the AAA games players, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a AAA game player

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Just because those players don't care doesn't mean you shouldn't Stand up for what's right.

I get you man, @Sly Reflex but not everything is a crusade or a fight all the time, I just love games - warts and all.

I'm glad people like Ed has crossplay between Switch/Xbox so he can play with his kid, stories like that are great. And I'm pleased that I get to play Fortnite with my girlfriend, but it's not really a huge deal to me and never will be. I'm not that big a Multiplayer guy really so it was never going to effect me massively, I go from one SP game to the next, hardly played any multiplayer apart from the odd games of Fortnite etc. this year.

Sony and Nintendo make the best games at the moment, which is why I love my Switch and PS4. If Microsoft decide to make any decent AAA games of note next gen instead of shite like State of Decay 2 then they may get my attention. 

7 minutes ago, Nag said:

Which ones the failing console, just out of curiosity...

The one with a 1/3 of the sales of the other.

Just now, Nag said:

Also love this, how much money have you spent on Sea of Thieves tat now exactly?

Quite a bit :lol: I love Sea of Thieves but that doesn't mean it's actually a fantastic game, it's just great to me personally, when people note its flaws I can't exactly argue against them. 

2 hours ago, Blakey said:

My Epic name is BlakeySFC @retroed Not sure what time it was yesterday, probably around 6, you were on the PS4 and I was on my PC.

Are you not gutted to lose all your Battle Pass progress on PS4 though and start again from scratch? I haven’t even got much stuff on my account but making a new Switch Epic account and having fuck all was rather gutting. Likewise when I rebought Overwatch on PC and had no skins or progress at all ? felt like starting again from scratch. 

Definitely feels like having a PC gets the best of all worlds with crossplay, can play Xbox exclusives with the missus and all multiplats that have it enabled.

That would have been my son playing on the PS4. I was at work on lunch playing it on Switch at that time. :lol: I'll add you on Switch/Xbox later.

Yes it was annoying losing everything, some emotes and outfits that were season-exclusive so won't come around again. I'm up to tier 33 on the battle pass on Xbox now though, and have all the challenges completed to date.

I made a start on the Save the World campaign too so have a couple outfits from there available in Battle Royale.

WSJ: Parents Enlist Fortnite Tutors for their kids

It wasn’t the violence or the amount of time she was worried about. It was the result. He wasn’t winning.

So she hired him a coach. For about $50, Ms. Hicks purchased four hours of online lessons from a player she found through a freelance labor website.Rob hopes his friends don’t find out how he upped his game.

“They’ll probably think I’m cheating or something,” he said. “That’s how 10-year-old kids work.”

Hiring a “Fortnite” coach for a child is no different than enlisting an expert to help a child excel at basketball or chess, parents say. Some sit in on lessons to make sure coaches are professional and that their children, well, level up.

Still really enjoying this. I still play with the Missus sometimes but have been playing a lot Solo and with randoms in squads and it's always fun no matter what happens.

I think what I like about it is that it's chilled and even when you're with a squad there isn't that urgency and potential for toxicity (from my experiences anyway) that sometimes arise in tense squad games like Overwatch or R6 Siege, I still adore those latter too but when you just want to turn your brain off and have some fun Fortnite is pretty much the ideal game for that always.

Not sure how much I've played now on PC but it's probably about 10 hours or so, I'm up to Tier 10/11 on the battle pass and have really got to learn the map and its intricacies quite a bit, it has actually become muscle memory in certain areas like Lazy Links for me to know exactly where all the Chests are and be able to get to them lickity split. The win on PC still eludes me in all of the game types I've played, my win on iOS is still my lone win on any Battle Royale ?. I'm just built for hiding and not shooting really, as long as I get a good roll of the storm spawn dice and pick a decent remote starting locale I always do pretty well (95% of the time top 25, 85% top 10) but getting that W amongst PC players and competent builders is going to be a real effort, I've come 2nd so many times but the W eludes me on console/PC so far.

It is cool to see there is a progression system though with the building and whatnot, I think with PUBG I never really got a direct path to see how to be competent enough to win (unless you drop at a populated spot and manage to get some OP scoped rifle) but with this I feel as if I just improve my building skills a little bit and my reactions/decision making then the Console/PC W will come quite easily which is cool.

Finally got another W on the board ??? - my first on PC/Console and second overall ?

F7353170-539E-44A8-BBE5-8887EB9A1885.jpeg

Been playing it a hell of a lot. I really couldn’t put it down today, I was intending to stop 2 or so hours in but I just couldn’t put it down. I play almost every night with the Missus and have been playing 3/4 hours a day on my own in squads with randoms and solo. Even whilst typing this I’m tempted to get the Switch and play a few games ?

Squads is a bit of a mixed bag as you can get put into a squad with a right bunch of goons and get killed almost instantly as they want to drop into one of the highly populated drop zones like Pleasant Park/Trident Towers and the like. But other times you can get a good set of guys and really feel like you can take on the world.

Now I’ve played so much the map itself is becoming a character unto itself and I know all the different zones and what to expect at each, it’s a really cool feeling to have that map muscle memory set in and know where everything is in a zone.

I’ve been doing quite well solo but the win still eludes me. I managed to get all the way to the final 2 by being disguised as a bush earlier ? was just giggling like a school girl the entire time.

Still playing a lot of this, not sure how many hours I've put in but I'm up to Level 39, Tier 39 of the Battle Pass.

Unlocked some cool skins, parachutes, emotes, backpacks and other bits and pieces I can put on to my character along the way. Got another 2 wins too - both coming in Squads - probably the latter of the two I was most proud of though as the rest of my team mates got killed quickly in the match and I was on my own for most of it, hiding in forts and buildings and just generally trying to stay alive, then taking out the last guy I saw with a hand cannon and getting the Victory Royale :)

I really didn't to enjoy the challenges as much as I have been I must say. I'm a goal based kinda gamer so I knew that they'd definitely draw me in but I find myself heading online to do a few challenges and then the hours just seem to tick by as I try to get more and more ticked off the list. I've completed 2 weeks so far and have the majority of tier points in most, some of the only ones I've got left are for killing using grenades and causing damage with grenades and another to get 3 kills in one game. Not sure I'll do all of them but I definitely want to try, would definitely be a cool feeling to see them all ticked off the list. It is rather addictive going through them all and it really teaches you the map nicely.

I went back to PUBG recently to see how it compares and I now find myself liking this more. The Fort building can feel like a bit of a crutch for some players at times and as I'm not skilled enough I do kind of still prefer PUBG's no nonsense realistic approach to buildings and the way you can sneak up and kill someone with one shotgun blast but just everything about Fortnite is so fun and it feels so cool when you're building a fort and an enemy is building yours and a huge battle follows, I've just not found I get those longer fights in PUBG, someone will always die very quickly within a few shots.

The challenges just add extra motivation to log on for the day and play a few games as well, it can get frustrating in PUBG if you keep coming in poor positions to carry on for the day and you can find yourself throwing in the towel but with Fortnite if you don't feel like really going for the Victory Royale for one reason or another you can just chill on your own or in a squad and try to do some challenges. The added personality of Fortnite really shines through too and going back to PUBG felt incredibly dull. Even little things like the storm cycle time seemed to take ages in PUBG - there's so much more dead time involved with you just sitting about, whereas with Fortnite it always feels like you've got to be on your toes.

A couple of VR pics:

Screenshot (88).png

Screenshot (89).png

nice work Blakey!

i'm still playing this too, mostly as something to play with friends, but i do still enjoy it most of the time. sometimes the challenges annoy me, going to the same place over and over and keep failing can be annoying. some of them are fun though, quite liked the golfing and jumping through hoops ones. i'm still really bad at building.

As time has gone on some of the harder challenges are starting to annoy me more for sure.

Today I spent 4 hours trying to get the Grenade/Stink Bomb/Clinger eliminations, I already had 1/3 from previous games but needed two more. Kept trying on Tilted Towers and about an hour in I got a elimination from throwing a well timed grenade off a tower, kept trying here and got a grenade kill inside an apartment building after the guy had killed me...and apparently it didn't count ?

Tried again for 3 hours, firstly on tilted towers, then trying to get AFK's at the end of the Bus route and then back to Tilted Towers again before giving up and going into squads and trying my luck there. On about the 3rd try we dropped into Dusty Divot and the rest of my team encountered some guys, I stood back and just threw some Stink Bombs in there and luckily managed to kill one of the dudes :D . It was my final game before heading off for the day and I was resigned to failure so I was beyond ecstatic that I managed to do it.

Now the only difficult one I've got remaining is the 3 eliminations in 1 match one. Think I've got about 4/6 weeks completed now, will make a proper start on the Week 6 stuff tomorrow but already down the Tilted Towers eliminations.

Think I'm about Level 43, Tier 47 now, just unlocked the Lifeguard outfit.