passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

spatular

While I have little to no interest in this game, I think it's great that they're putting actual goals and what basically amounts to single player targets into it.

I know it's just to retain the player base, but those challenges also force you to think about different ways to play. It's cool.

Yeah the challenges are great @regemond they’re just so compelling and addictive.

Some of them are quite easy little treasure hunts, time trials or mining a certain amount of materials. Quite often I’ve found myself looking up where a treasure map item is on the net or YouTube and then finding it in the game but some of them can be bastard hard like the ‘get x number of eliminations with y weapon’ ones.

I think they’ve been in the game since Season 3 but were just daily challenges at first (Ed can probably tell you more about that since I only got into it properly relatively recently) then the weekly challenges got put in later on.

I think it just gives you extra motivation to log in every day (even just to do the daily challenge) and attempt some of the challenges. I think why I got a bit bored of PUBG after a relatively short amount of time is that there is only 1 point of motivation - to try to get that Chicken Dinner. But Fortnite is so much more multifaceted, PUBG is all about the win and it’s still fun but that desire to get the win means if you don’t get it time after time after time the gameplay loop can become a little stale, frustrating and one dimensional in comparison.

Yeah cheers @spatular done that a few times to get some challenges finished ?

Talking of challenges by the way, I managed to get all 6 weeks worth completed earlier today. The only 2 I had remaining were 2 Machine gun/Mini-gun kills and 3 kills in one game - I honestly never thought I’d get the latter but in a squad game earlier somehow it just sort of happened and I was like ‘oh, cool’ 

0374DAF9-B98C-4C0B-A28A-DECB5C344FB8.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Blakey 

I don’t think you can ignore it when you use all your cunning and stealth to sneak up onto a person who builds a house around themselves as soon as you fire a bullet. But that’s the game so can’t complain. 

I think there’s a free roaming creation mode now? So I could practice in there if true. Also I just saw ed say that switch has motion controls so I’ll check that out ?

True @wiivo 2.0 I do think the sneaky sneaky approach is still an ok startegy when you’re first starting out though just to get into the swing of things, learn the map, weapons etc. People will always be better than you at building, even now I can build ok (still not great) but you’ll always meet people who are better at it and can seemingly build at light speed. 

And yeah the Playground creation mode is great, you can practice building to your hearts content there. There’s also a ton of YT vids out there you can get tips from too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

** HELP **

A guy at work asked my advice on buying a console for his 13 yr old lad, so since he has no idea of gaming, and neither does his son (in terms of no pressing desire for PS5) - I suggested he got a Xbox Series S and Gamepass.

So he got one, set up an adult account and one for his lad - but now says when his lad wants to play Fortnite it comes up asking for a log-on (and either of his 2x email addresses for Xbox accounts aren't recognised).

Is this maybe because it's asking for a (insert publisher here - Epic?) account that he'd need to also create ?!?!

It's not a game I play but sounds plausible, does it ?

• 1 month later...

I really like the changes to this. The new Festival mode plays like Rock Band Blitz, and there are rumours of them adding instrument functionality at some point. If you can add your Rock Band library to Fortnite I'll be very happy to dip in and play that whenever the mood take me.

LEGO is genuinely awesome. It does nothing new. It's essentially Minecraft reskinned, but the overlap between builders in the Battle Royale mode and actual building in LEGO is such an obvious crossover. It feels fun to play (even though I've only put an hour or two in last week) and it's giving some interesting ideas. I'm looking forward to playing with Oscar and working on a little island with him.

For anyone who plays in Battle Royale, the new map is very cool. I've seen people saying it's too fancy, but I just like how it feels like a cool European vacation. There are vineyard-style areas, beautiful shoreline areas that are inspired by Greece (but more colourful than the white and blue images that conjures). Snow-capped rebel bases - more punk rebel than Star Wars, though. My only problem is there's nowhere I feel like I want to drop into every game. I adored the Dutch influence of Misty Meadows. Condo Canyon was tons of fun. So was Lonely Labs. You had things like Midas' mansion. The Marvel helicarrier, and even the One Piece pirate ship (which was also The Daily Bugle at one point). OG Season Rosie and I would go to Retail Row over and over again. This just has a lot of well-crafted areas, but nowhere I feel can be landed in consistenly.

Weapons are annoying as fuck, though. They've added all kinds of mods, which you can change up, but only if you infiltrate a vault. The random element of these mods means it's really tough to get used to specific weapons, too. And it seems like there are at least 2-3 variations on each type of gun. So pistols, SMG, assault, shotgun, sniper makes around 15 individual guns, plus 0-4 mods for each one. And the ability to have multiple mods at a time. That's what? HUNDREDS of weapon variations? It just feels hugely imbalanced.

I enjoy Fortnite. 227 hours this year can attest to that. But Battle Royale currently needs some work to FEEL nice again. I don't enjoy it at the minute.