passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

DisturbedSwan

I loved the English VO personally - particularly Nia’s (number 1 waifu) - it took me awhile to get used to it but I feel it pays off with some of the more emotional moments, each to their own though.

Also, the combat system will seem incredibly simple at first but this is done on purpose to not overwhelm you with how complex it is. It will build layer upon layer onto itself by the time you finish, you even add new layers onto it as late as 80 hours in.

I really do like the English VO in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It definitely grows on you.

I must get back to this game, I might like it better than Breath of the Wild. I bought the physical version of the expansion the other day as well.

I definitely prefer it to BOTW. Think I've put more time into it in the last 2 weeks than I did in total on Zelda. But I just don't think BOTW was for me.

Currently on Chapter 3 anyway, some cool stuff going on and more story being revealed.

• 1 month later...

Just started Torna, the golden country, which begins with a nice battle corridor to introduce a major twist on the fighting mechanic from XC2.

Now you've got to watch gauges building on both sides of the screen. Nice. God knows what I'm supposed to be watching the actual fight with!

This game is just so great. I'd already put over 100 hours into XC2 before this came out, but  it feels as fresh as ever. I've got Jin and Mythra already and couldn't be happier. 

I love the way Jrpg developers have embraced modern QoL expectations. You can just play this as you like. No stress. No frustrations. No hours lost to an unexpectedly tough boss.

If only certain western Devs would take note. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Torna at level 61, and just managed to sneak a community level of 5, before taking on the final boss.

What an amazing experience XC2 has been, definitely one of my top 10 games of all time, and, for me, it's a better taken the open world than Skyrim. And I love Skyrim, but those dungeons can get a bit 'identikit' after a while. In this game, apart from the story, there always seemed to be a reason to develop your team, a special monster to fight or a fresh blade to change up your tactics with. I just loved it, and can't wait to see what the guys at Monolith soft get up to next.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not sure I agree with Pyra being so overdressed.

And I'm not being sexist. I offer this opinion only in the interest of upholding narrative integrity.

Ahem...

But yeah, @retroed, get it done. And then take Torna, the golden country for a spin. You won't regret it.

35 minutes ago, bellow said:

But yeah, @retroed, get it done. And then take Torna, the golden country for a spin. You won't regret it.

Will do @bellow, I love the game so much I don't want it to end. I have Torna here ready to go. 

@Maf It took you until half way before you dumped it and decided it was bad? That's dedication.

I gave it it’s shot. But it went from boring and easy to boring and hard and then I lost interest. I would have happily sit there and hit the buttons to get to the end but I’m not going to sit there and think about the buttons I’m hitting. The game doesn’t warrant it.

Played the first three hours of this last night and am really enjoying it so far. Rex, the lead character seems to have an endearing charm about him and i'm enjoying the variety of UK accents in the voice over. The world seems fantastic as well, getting a real 'Skies of Arcadia' vibe from it, which is one of my favourite JRPGS of all time. The moment you first see the city on the back of a Titan was pretty epic.

The battle system seems nice as well. Quite enjoying how chilled out the non boss encounters are.

I'm also loving the music - reminds me of some of Joe Hisaishi's work for Ghibli.