Sign in to follow this  
Duck

Digital Board Games Night

Aye, I can do Tuesday night after about half 8 UK time.

Pick one of them, I can stretch to getting one. Through The Ages looks pretty good, though Eight Minute Empire also looks good, like a faster paced Risk?

I might be able to do Tuesday Race FTG is a good shout and can be played through BGA. I’m happy to talk people through the first few rounds. 

I've got someone coming over Tuesday (old friend who's going through a rough patch) but he's pretty unreliable - if I can get on at a sensible time i'd be up for some RftG. I did own it but moved it on a few years ago - pretty sure I can remember how to play it.

On 07/01/2018 at 11:39 AM, Hendo said:

Aye, I can do Tuesday night after about half 8 UK time.

Pick one of them, I can stretch to getting one. Through The Ages looks pretty good, though Eight Minute Empire also looks good, like a faster paced Risk?

I haven't played the tabletop but EME looks like a fast pace Risk yeah. It's pretty cheap £4/5. I'd be down for some games. 

Antihero got released on IOS too which i've always wanted to try and is quite cheap £4/5..

But for tomorrow i'm down for  Race. I might be not on till 8:45ish tho but i'll let yous know.  Have you ever played Roll before @Jimbo Xiii? Is it any good?

I might be up for this. 

Do I need to go on Skype or anything to chat with y'all whilst we play?

Which games should I buy. Carcasonne, Eight Minute Empire, Race for the Galaxy, Through the Ages, Antihero?

I'm an absolute board game noob as well so you'll probably all batter the living daylights out of me.

Also, Subterfuge is the mother fucking shit, I mentioned it years ago but yeah, it's still damn good.

@Blakey hold your horses cowboy. 

For chat we use Discord usually. I wouldn’t worry about buying anything as we can run it through Boardgame Arena. If needs be I’ll pick up a BGA pss so we can make tables. 

When end you get chance, go to boardgame arena and sign up for a user account. We will probably go for a game of Carcassonne to warm up then try some Race FTG. 

@Duck never played Roll FTG but I’m keen to try it out at some point. I want to get the physical version as it comes with a literal fuck ton of dice. 

Yeah, @Blakey don't buy anything unless you fancy it for yourself or we all agree on something. I don't want people buying something then we only play it once. I'm just linking stuff for ideas on what to play.

My BGA account is still active so we can make tables there. 

I'm on discord now if anyone is about and ready. :) 

Cheers guys, spent too long fiddling with the iPad today to play.

Signed up for a BGA account so should be all set to join y'all next week or whenever.

I only had time for one game of Carcasonne which Jim handily beat us on.

I also started a game of Through The Ages with Duck but I’m still learning.

Me and Duck squeezed in a game of Race for the Galaxy after Hendo hightailed it, but Duck is still learning the game so it wasn’t a proper one. 

Sorry, @Jimbo Xiii i wasn't about. I might be tomorrow if you want to play something.

My laptop screen and ipad decided to give up the ghost last week so i haven't been able to take my turns in Race and THAs. But it's given me a excuse to look at up grades and change my set up. Currently using the wife's 2/3 year old gaming laptop which is better than mine but weighs a tooooon. 

@Hendo Has our Through the Age game timed out? I bought it on my phone (android) because it's cross play and tried to continue our game and it's taking your turn straight after mine. I don't thing there's any predictive turn type thing, so i'm guessing the AI has took over?

I found out Memoir '44 has a digital version on steam. It seems to have some nasty pay to play stuff in it but we get some free games before we have to play.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/108210/Memoir_44_Online/

@hendo Ah! so it is the AI. That's a cool feature i guess. I'll set up another with a longer time between turns to give you time to play the tutorial. 

@Chimay Of course. :) I played quite a bit of it on IOS. I think it's free download too, if anyone else wants to try it out.

@Hendo I've sent out another Through The Ages invite. But i'm in no rush. 

I don't think i'll be finished till 8/9 UK time tomorrow and i'll possible be busy after but i could be up for something tomorrow if im not.