Sign in to follow this  
Duck

Digital Board Games Night

BGA was always my go to place for board games. They used to have dominion on there until some one else go the licence and ruined it. 

Peuto Rico is also excellent but the rules are a little complicated. I’d be up for playing it, but might need to watch a YouTube video of the rules first. 

Are we trying for for this Tuesday?

Yup, sounds good. What are we using? Discord?

I might not be able to chat after 9-ish but can listen and type.

Discord is fine. I trying to see how to add friends on BGA but i can't find it. <_<

We only played Carcassonne and it's still not quite the same as playing in the same room but it was fun. BGA is pretty nice for a thing that runs  just in a browser. 

For the next night (possibly at the weekend or next week) we're playing Puerto Rico..

If you wish to join us can you at least learn the basic rules but other players are willing to help. :) 

Yeah I really enjoyed that. BGA is ok but a little bit clunky. iOS is still the best digital Carcassonne experience. 

Pueto Rico is excellent, but definitely check out the rules first. I’ve played it a lot so happy to talk people through it on the night. 

I was was most impressed by Discord TBH. I use a lot of different VOIP clients for work and that is one of the better ones. 

I should be good for Tuesday again.

Let’s have some iOS recommendations as I fancy doing some on the phone.

I had a look in the store and there’s a free to play (6 quid to unlock the full version) of RISK which might be alright.

I’m looking at Pandemic which i’ve never played before but heard lots about. It doesn’t look like it had online multiplayer only local, though?

I could really do with something co-op as that would be pretty good to play.

Sorry, by the time I put the kids to bed last night I was shattered. But yup, i'm on Discord, didn't realise Sly had added me to the MFgamers discord group a few weeks back! 

Are we up for a games night soon? I've picked up Through the Ages and Race for the Galaxy on IOS but saw that BGA recently added Roll for the Galaxy too..

I haven't played it but Eight Minute Empire might be worth a try all so..