Sign in to follow this  
Duck

Digital Board Games Night

I know this thread is a long time coming, sooooooorrry!

So are we still keen to do this every so often? :)

I think there's 2 options on how we do this, either we..

- Play something that everyone has on their phone/tablet (Carcassonne for example) or we buy something everyone agrees to play (there's new stuff releasing all the time so whatever :) )

or

- Play something that's on Steam. Tabletop Simulator is currently on sale for about £6/7 and games on sale for about £3/4 (Scythe for example).

What does everyone else think? What do people want to play? Maybe start with something everyone has then if it's popular we can look into buying things. 

What days and times are good for people too? 

Phone stuff is probably easier for me but I do plan on digging the laptop back out.

Time-wise, there isn’t one particular night or day I can guarantee on. 

Yeah I also have an iPad 3.

Anyone got a good list of suitable recommendations for Steam stuff?

Depending on prices as i’ve bought some of those on other systems, I’d be up for Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket To Ride, Risk Factions and Armello.

I’m happy to play on phone (iPhone 6) iPad (2nd gen) or pc. Tuesday generally works well for me. 

So next Tuesday night? I should be free about 8pm GMT if that’s any good. 

I’ll try and do a little write tomorrow of what’s on steam. But I’m down for whatever. 

I still need to try Armello. I read recently that it’s no longer a tablet exclusive for IOS/Android and will be coming to phones too which is nice. 

In theory i’m free next Tuesday, unless you mean tonight in which case i’m not.

Armello I have on PS4 but would be up for buying again if people are into it, it’s a great game and fairly simple to understand.

If we pick a pretty cheap good one to begin with, i’ll boot up my laptop later and see what suitable stuff I already have.

Edit: Skulls of the Shogun, which as I remember is like Advance Wars.

Frozen Synapse i’m pretty sure has asynchronous multiplayer which could be handy.

Defcon, maybe? Barely played it.

I realise none of these are actual board games but in that kind of style.

A friend of mine at work has found a java version of Carcassonne with all the add-ons that can be hosted online and is save-able at any point. Its got in game text chat and stuff like that, we have played a game of it at work during a lunchtime and it worked really well, but we all knew the rules before playing although it can be picked up over the course of a game.

Me and Hendizzle had a few good games of Armello back in the day (I think I won them all).

Much like Hendo, there isnt always a regular time that im free although with notice I can probably make most times.

1 hour ago, Sambob said:

A friend of mine at work has found a java version of Carcassonne with all the add-ons that can be hosted online and is save-able at any point. Its got in game text chat and stuff like that, we have played a game of it at work during a lunchtime and it worked really well, but we all knew the rules before playing although it can be picked up over the course of a game.

Me and Hendizzle had a few good games of Armello back in the day (I think I won them all).

Much like Hendo, there isnt always a regular time that im free although with notice I can probably make most times.

What's the link for that?

Just had a look on boardgamearena. They have a premium pay wall for the best stuff but that's only to create boards, any one can join, ie only one of us need the premium account. It's $4 for two months so not too bad. 

I'm free this evening if anyone else is?

15 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

What's the link for that?

I don't even remember but I have the file I can send around. I will ask my buddy for the link when I see him next. 

On 28/11/2017 at 5:41 PM, Jimbo Xiii said:

Just had a look on boardgamearena. They have a premium pay wall for the best stuff but that's only to create boards, any one can join, ie only one of us need the premium account. It's $4 for two months so not too bad. 

I'm free this evening if anyone else is?

Board Game Arena  and Yucata are good shouts.

I would of played last night but i was doing some work while watching the footy. But next tuesday would be decent.

I seen this today..

I've been thinking of buying the IOS version for donkeys (it's on BGA though).. 7 Wonders just came out on IOS too. <_<

So are we still playing something on tuesday? I've signed up for 2 months of BGA. What do we want to play? I'm down for anyting but won't mind playing Through the Ages or Race for the Galaxy or something.