passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin's Creed Origins

regemond

Played a lot of third now, I'm about 50% through according to the stats but I'm not sure if that's counting everything or just the story. I've got 1 person on the 2nd rung to kill, I should probably focus on the story missions more than I should 

I've killer 3 of the bounty hunters too. I've not fought any of the higher level ones yet. They're still strong even if they're around your level, if you can get them off their horse they aren't too difficult. 

I'm surprised I'm not more bored of it than I am. I've played a lot of it in a short time and it really does fall in to a gameplay loop. I don't want to overdose on it so I'm prepared to put it down at some point, but I don't want to leave a daunting amount to do because I'd like to finish it, it's a cool game. 

I really liked the snake mission I've just done, nice to see the game mix things up, I wasn't expecting that shift but I'm glad it happened 

Unsurprisingly, I'm incredible impressed by it. Spent awhile messing around the bountiful graphical settings on PC and found that my rig can run it at 1440p/60fps with ultra settings without any trouble whatsoever, and let me tell you, it looks FUCKING PHENOMENAL.

what's your computer, specifically cpu I guess. I've got a GTX 1080 and an i7-3770, running the game off an SSD. Outside of towns I can get 60fps on pretty much any setting at up to 4k, when I get near a town my frame rate drops. Sometimes it's just to 55, some times it's in to the 40s, even at 1440p on a mix of high and very high settings.

It's a cpu heavy game, and reading the net it seems like a lot of people have the same issue, but then some people have no issues whatsoever 

I did get the HDR working on pc though, that's pretty cool. I might just go back to playing on my monitor at 1080p to get a more solid framerate

• 3 weeks later...

Finished, and I'm kind of glad to be done with it. Not that it's ever a bad game, but I opened up the end chapters of the game (there's a 'point of no return' for a mission where you speak to Aya), there's a long walk through a new area, along the way I was seeing encampments, and mission after mission, and my heart sank a bit. I put 45 hours or so in to it, so it's largely a problem of time spent than a huge flaw of the game, but I just couldn't be fucked with all that was left so I just mainlined the story missions. Typically when it ended it fely like it had come a bit soon and I would have happily done another couple of missions, maybe I still will, but I also kind of don't care

It's not a game of highs and lows, I'm not a huge fan of the boat stuff, but even that is fine. It's a really, really well made game, but it's all very indistinguishable from itself, one mission could be any other mission more or less. It's not a game that pulls you along, it instead keeps you playing by giving you another breadcrumb to follow, there's always something else to do.

I've still got a few of the bounty hunters to kill, still a few places undiscovered, and plenty of side missions. I suspect I'd just go and play one of the other Assassin's Creed games rather than go back and fully complete this. Maybe when I get a new CPU, this will be the test game, and that will give me the excuse to spend some more hours here

• 2 years later...

Desirous of some swordplay and RPGing after all the shooting I've been doing lately I grabbed this on the Xbox deals page (my favourite place in gaming 😀)

I'm not a big ubi fan, although I love watch dogs, so I approach this with trepidation as I hear it's good but also a feckin monster at the same time. 

Any tips as how to begin this adventure would be welcome. The first bit rocked. I'll give it that.

16b25dac-1c36-473d-a854-249882cd9a3d.png

First tip, ignore these naysayers. Especially @Maf. If it doesn't have anime ridiculousness his brain switches off like a random laptop update.

Second tip, don't let the sheer amount of icons overwhelm you. The world is legit rich, provided you're happy to go looking for the depth. The story is tons of fun (imo), and if you're into Egyptian mythology, even as a passing interest, you'll love exploring everything.

Explore pyramids and tombs. It's almost always worth it. Be careful around the higher level, bounty hunter-style enemies until you get a good grip on the combat.

It's Ass Creed, so it's always gonna have that open world with a tons of collectables, but I really think it's great fun.

A lone voice in the wilderness.

30 minutes ago, regemond said:

don't let the sheer amount of icons overwhelm you.

Indeed. I won't be going on feather hunts, I can tell you that straight off. They ruin their games with all that shite if you ask me. As long as I keep a clear head and just do the things that interest me I reckon I can get  thru it.

You can 100% it in about 75 hours, not bad at all compared to the 150+ of Odyssey and 130+ of Valhalla. 

Other than that, just have fun really, Marc has already said what I would’ve. 

My more detailed thoughts can be found on the first two pages of this thread. 

6 hours ago, regemond said:

If it doesn't have anime ridiculousness his brain switches off like a random laptop update.

🤣🤣🤣... this is probably the single greatest description of someone I've ever read.

A couple of strange things I've noticed about the technical aspects of this. I've read on the X it runs native 4k at 30fps. Well, I reckon it's the softest 4k I've seen but, on the flip side, by far the smoothest 30fps I've ever come across. I actually can't believe it isn't getting boosted by the console.

Anyway I've done the prologue, killed the first baddy with a rather impressive ledge drop takedown and moved into the next area. Thankfully, I agree with the concensus, this is an open world RPG, and, up to now, a pretty good one. I really like it. (Up to now. Let's not get too excited. It is Ubisoft).

This is bullshit. Ubisoft? Assassin's creed? What's happening?

I feckin love this game. I just want to play it all the time. I'm thinking about it all the time - how I can build my character, master that new combat move, improve my parry and my weaponry, see the incredible sights, uncover more of the plot, and kill every sumbitch who looks at me sideways.

It's like I've found another western RPG to love, along with elder Scrolls, mass effect, et al. 

Something is bound to go wrong.

Anyway, I'm level 17, and have finally unlocked that ultimate 'stealth distraction' upgrade. See below.

0715ff31-ac71-471b-8ed7-e9572334403f.png

8 minutes ago, bellow said:

I feckin love this game. I just want to play it all the time. I'm thinking about it all the time - how I can build my character, master that new combat move

What version of this game are you playing I don’t know this one