passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

DisturbedSwan

Finished the last dlc today. It's alright, bit easy maybe, but then it's the one that most lets you play how you want, so you can take advantage of the game in ways you're limited away from by the design in the other 2 dlc. There's no big set pieces in this one, no giant boss fights, and the levels feel a bit familiar. Episode 0 of the dlc is a taster for all 3 characters, it has areas that feature in the character's full dlc, usually fleshed out more, but it's hard to tell if that's the case here or if they're also reusing other areas. Either way, after a full game and 3 dlc, it's not a surprise the tile set is feeling familiar

All in all I'd still say the season pass is worth picking up (probably in a sale at this point) if you're done with Wolfenstein 2, it's more Wolfenstein, but I think I need a couple of years away from it. Between The New Order, The Old blood, going back to actually finish The New Order, Wolfenstein 2, then the DLC, that's a lot of the same thing over the last 3 years

• 2 years later...

Played this through quickly as it’s leaving gamepass in a few days, wasn’t keen at the start, default controller sensitivity is far too high and enemies are hard to see, turned the sensitivity down and stopped aiming down sights helped with that stuff, and with the enjoyable over the top story - was then enjoying it. So yeah I liked it. Played on super easy mode, mowing nazis down was pretty straightforward. Using the guns from the big robots was cool. Had some odd performance problems on pc, turned the graphics down so it was running at ~200fps (the tv only does 60) but it still stuttered a bit, then the next day it was fine. Odd. Looked nice too, even with the graphics turned down.

• 2 years later...

I think I'm near the end now but I'm having a break because man is it hard.  I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble because some sections had me yelling and pouting.  The bit I'm on now just seems impossible so I think I may lower the difficulty but I feel so close... 😓 

I played the previous games pretty stealthily but that's so much harder to do here too so it's easy to find yourself in tough situations.  It's so much harder to play like DOOM '16 so I don't think there's much use in doing it since the environments are so much more cluttered (the amount of times I've got stuck mid-gunfight 😡) and you don't have the speed to avoid gunfire in that way.  It's much more of a cover shooter with considered bursts between.  I'm not sure it gets the mix as well as I'd like.  If you could move a little faster and there wasn't so much scenery to get stuck on I'd be praising it more.  I miss the laser gun from New Order; it made life so much easier in that game I wish I had it here.  It technically improves on everything else even though that does create some wild difficulty spikes.

I do like it a lot anyway.  The story and the tone I really like.  It's just so pulpy and unapologetic it's really something.