passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Stardew Valley

Pikman

Is there really no thread for this?!

I started it last week. Still milling around and exploring and I am a few in-game days in. Usually running out of energy by 9am and left with little to do for the day.

So far I found a couple of ways to avoid this and so spend a lot of time fishing and wondering if I should really just turn it off and do something else with my life :)

It seems like a cute enough game, not like what I remember of Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life, man I loved that game.

I can't decide if I like it and am also looking back to playing more. Time will tell.

I feel that you have to push through the first couple of hours and then this really starts to become addictive.

One of those games that has quite short daily cycles and therefore fairly consistent progress and rewards, once it gets going at least.

So far I have started leveling up a bit, which I did not expect to see. I have a couple of things to save for and so a focus, which is going to keep me coming back. I also found some inaccessible areas that look pretty enticing.

I am more interested in developing (hopefully automating, although I have no idea what is available) the farm rather than conversing with the townsfolk. They seem to need quite a lot of attention or they start to shun you instead. Not sure if I need them, I certainly do not care about them yet. Time will tell!

I've worked through Spring and its Summertime now in my game.

There seems to be so much to do and I don't think I'm playing very optimally but maybe this gradual and slow progression is just the pace of the game.  Maybe the key is just committing to one part and not worrying a whole lot about the rest.

I'm mostly focusing on growing crops but I have just got a chicken coop and a thing for making mayonnaise so I'll dip my toe in produce when the chickens get old enough to lay eggs.  Seems like I'll need a kitchen to do anything more than that but the money and materials for one seem a lot.

I'll get there, though.

Not sure, I think you have to spread wide and thin (that sounds dreadful) or you risk getting behind on one section of the game.

Same for me though, crops and fish are my go-to right now. I hate that fishing game, surely it gets easier with practice or I am simply doing it wrong?!

I guess that is the good thing, most approaches work out and we can just relax and enjoy the game :)

It is killing me that I can play this in bed. I guess at some point soon I will make enough from my crops to invest in a building, I hope so anyway!

So far I am simply reinvesting.

I just bought this and I appear to have bought the PC version for the Switch.

A mouse pointer appears on the title screen that I can’t move and touch controls won’t work to move it or load a game or start a new one.

Had to delete it and re-download and hope that it works. :(

58 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I just bought this and I appear to have bought the PC version for the Switch.

A mouse pointer appears on the title screen that I can’t move and touch controls won’t work to move it or load a game or start a new one.

Had to delete it and re-download and hope that it works. :(

That happened to me.  Must be a game thing as I thought my joy-cons just got out of synch.  It kept thinking one joy-con was connected and I had to reset them then it worked fine.

I’m not sure where I stand with this game.

While i’m playing, I love it and am addicted to it. But i’m constantly questioning how much of a game it is but more importantly how endless it is.

I’m getting a proper Animal Crossing feel about it and i’m not sure I can go through all that again.

Here’s where I’m up to anyway.

I’ve made it to somewhere into Summer of my first year. I’ve got a cat (Mogwai), done a couple of the festival events, built a furnace for making metal bars and done a fair bit of mining.

I learnt before playing that you should do crops in a 3x3 plot because when you build a water sprinkler, that is the size one sprinkler will cover.

Sly told me I shouldn’t be mining until Winter because that’s the lean month but i’ve really got nothing else to do.

I was going to build a chicken coop next but I watched one of those 10 Things I Wish I Knew videos and one of them was build the grass silo first.

I’m pretty much ignoring the people except when I have to and I just want to be left alone to farm.

I built the Coop! Now totally realise it is pointless without a Silo, saving again...

I have a copper watering can and axe also.

I might be on the same page as you, it sort of feels like a waste of time, upgrade and upgrade with tons of repetition inbetween. Not a game I would go back to once I reach some sort of end I would guess.

We are at similar stages, last day of summer for me. I made quite a bit of cash from the crops that keep producing all through the season this time.

Wish I invested more now, next time I will.

I also did the 3x3 thing to start with but its taking me so long to get iron that I gave up and just did 3x10 or more, which works great for the improved watering can.

I am trying to do some of the Community Centre challenges although these feel boring and pointless to me, which is a shame. 

I had a minor disaster earlier.

I decide to make two furnaces to speed up the process but accidentally had a bomb in my hand and blew both of them up. :(

Cue lots of grinding for copper ore to replace them.

Bought a silo, then coop which doesn’t come with chickens, so had to buy one for 800 moolah. You can name them either manually or randomly. I chose random and it came back with Bi which I found funny so I kept it.

The description of her is on point.

753EEB25-EA71-4AB5-BF7D-44B7D5909288.jpeg

Progress has been made.

I have two furnaces once again. I also have two bee houses, a tapper on each of the three types of trees (more needed I think, they farm very slowly), 4 chickens in the coop producing a decent amount of eggs and a mayonnaise machine. Due to it taking a bit to produce, I think i’ll be making a second one soon enough.

Also levelled up in mining enough to get a choice in a career path (I chose double gems) and have done a fair bit of fishing and bought a better fishing rod. 

Still willfully ignoring the townsfolk.

I finally have a Silo and Coop, yay!

Now I need chickens somehow, looking at the screenshot above I presume direct through the coop :)

I am loving the days when it rains and I don't have to use nearly all my energy on watering. Once this harvest comes in I will be in the money!

I am wanting to get the more advanced sprinkler but have not yet found emeralds, which is what I think I need for them (I forget exactly). Can't wait for this day, no more watering!

Presuming I need to dig deeper in the mines.

Every night, more farming, I am so damn tired...

You buy chickens from the ranch below your farm, 800 each I think. Give them a few days to mature and they produce one egg each every day. Make a mayonnaise machine and that makes more money out of the eggs.

I’ve now got a small coop with 4 chickens, small cow shed with 4 cows. Bought a milking can so every day I make 4 loads of mayonnaise and 4 loads of milk to sell. As it’s winter, each of these animal houses has a heater inside to keep the little fellas happy.

I got fruit bats in my cave and made a bunch of jam preserve machines so I chuck the fruit in there.

I’m not making a ton of money (2000 a day if I’m lucky) but enough that i’m no longer selling everything I come across. I’m keeping most rocks and gems.

Combat-wise, i’ve got to about level 60 in the mine, bought a dead strong sword and am laying waste to ghosts and shit.