passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steamworld Dig 2

Hendo

I've seen a couple of people on my Switch friends list playing this.

I completed the first one on the PC and then got it for free on PS4 so played through it again but I'm having difficulty remembering what is new in this and what isn't.

It seems more focussed on exploring as a platformer - I don't feel like I've done anywhere near as much digging down as I remember doing in the last one.

One ability I have unlocked which may or may not be new is the hook shot, which is pretty cool and I've gone back to old areas to find secret places.

So far I give it the thumbs up. I was itching for a Metroidvania to play and this is more or less that.

The last game was a big surprise to me.  Just got it on a whim and ended up really enjoying it.  I think the main difference to this one from the last one is just size.  I got most of the game done in 3 to 4 hours but I'm over 9 or 10 already here and I still have a lot to find if I'm to 100% it.

I think the gradual progression gives it a strong 'one more go' sensation.  You get a little upgrade then you think you can go a little deeper, then you do that, get some valuables, back to the surface and aim for deeper still.

I dunno, I just find myself not putting it down.

Yeah I'm finding that, it just keeps going so you never really want to stop.

I bought the teleport ability so that's really useful.

I've also come across the first upgrade that it won't let me buy until I'm levelled up enough, which I wasn't expecting.

I shouldn't have gotten this, such a crazy time sink just hammering away and upgrading :)

I reached some 'baddies' that seem to annihilate me quite quickly and somehow seem to have accidentally bypassed them, which is nice! 

Fun game, clever puzzles, well hidden secrets that are also possible to find leaving you with that 'I am a winner' feeling.