passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Remasters you actually want

Hendo

I'm sure this has already come up in the topic of the week, but I was just looking at my shelf with 360 and Wii games on it and wanting to go back to some of them but not having those machines set up anymore. Plus, I'm not sure I'd trust my 360 to survive being brought back to life.

Not an obvious first choice, but I was immediately drawn to Driver San Francisco. I never finished it and I really enjoyed how nuts that game was and would love a new refresh of that.

Dark Souls 1 remade in the DS3 engine would be pretty much amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to drop full price on that.

On the Wii side, I'd like them to bring back the Boom Blox games, they were massively underrated. I never finished Pikmin 3, or any of them now that I think about it, so a Pikmin collection would be pretty cool.

Gregory Horror Show. It's one I always regret never at least trying. I feel like I really missed out on that game, so to see it redone on PS4 (or even Switch) would definitely interest me.

A Viewtiful Joe double pack on Switch would get an instant spend from me. And God Hand. That was ridiculously fun.

Jesus, Capcom (the current king of remasters) was pretty eclectic back then, wasn't it?

Oooh, and P.N.03. I never gave that anywhere near enough attention at the time.

Fuck it, if we're going down that route make a Capcom 5 box-set with Killer7 and Resi 4 too. Make the 5th game Viewtiful Joe 2 or call it the Capcom 4.

There's a lot of Saturn games I'd like redone to look at least like the devs were aiming for and running properly. Also there's so many great games on it that passed people by and haven't ever come out on anything else because the Saturn was such a mess 

Panzer Dragoon Saga would look stunning if it was redone, it's still a great rpg too. Burning Rangers really should have got a Dreamcast port, it was way too ambitious for the Saturn, cool game as it was. And while it doesn't need a remaster as such, Baku Baku Animal needs to be revived 

I really want a Shining Force 3 collection. I don't even care if it looks better so long as it's all translated 

I think I'd like a Quake reimagining, I always liked the tone of that game, it'd give Reznor some more soundtrack work too 

F-Zero GX is all that comes to mind, really.  Outrun 2 as well.  I know the Ferrari license is the issue so I'd be okay with some tweaking and make them "Definitely Not Ferraris" (which I think was the case with the original Outrun) and get that shut out there.  And put all the Coast 2 Coast content in there.