passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Destiny 2

Sambob

• 2 months later...

That'll be Warlock as they seem to be setting it up for a support of sorts (you'll be able to throw healing nades) and the Titan is considered the Tanky one. 

But they all play similar. It's a FPS first and foremost. I'd do a few missions with each see how you feel. 

Went with Warlock. Seems alright so far.

Did a couple of hours, unlocked the Farm area and did a couple of missions from there.

That intro is pretty spectacular but losing your abilities then sucks.

I like it but I miss the movement feel of Warframe. I was quite surprised as everyone says the shooting feels great but I’ve never really liked the shooting in Halo, but yeah, this feels much better.

Whether I stick with it remains to be seen but there seems to be enough base game to play.

I think I’ve put about five hours into this. Iirc 1s story was only around 5 hours? It seems like I’m only just scratching the surface here. I chose my old character from one which is nice.

The shooting remains great but there’s such little diversity in what you do. It really is the same thing over and over and the story, or lack there of, and direction of cut scenes is pretty garbage to be frank.

I’m playing for the exploration and random comrade moments. Although coming across players hasn’t happened anywhere near as often as I remember happening in the first. Once I’ve seen through the campaign and it starts to ask of me to play everyday to collect pennies in exchange of the perhaps chance of maybe something better than what I have I’ll drop it like the potato that it is. Versatile and tasty while also familiar and uninteresting. ? 

So I've played about 3/4 hours of this now..

Spoiler

I've just rescued Cayde

I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. I'm guess the goodwill towards it dies with the end game? Or has the new DLC fixed it? I haven't tried the Crucible yet.

Also has @smallofbooty played this yet? The campaign is quite jumpy.. ?

6 hours ago, Duck said:

So I've played about 3/4 hours of this now..

Reveal hidden contents

I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. I'm guess the goodwill towards it dies with the end game? Or has the new DLC fixed it? I haven't tried the Crucible yet.

Also has @smallofbooty played this yet? The campaign is quite jumpy.. ?

I've played the arse off it, done the raids, etc. but just hit a content brick wall, along with all the armour essentially being the same and a good weapon will always be better than every other weapon of its type.

Whether the updates have fixed this, with random rolls, etc. I'm not sure. Trouble is I've not really got the time or incentive to find out now I'm heavily invested in the excellent Warframe and new games are on the horizon.

As for the jumping I found it somehow much better in D2 and never really struggled, unlike in D1 of course. ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken the recent addition as an opportunity to load this up for the first time since the vanilla release.

I played throught the Curse of Osirus campaign having heard bad things. I enjoyed it, it was fun getting back in to the swing of things. The combat is still  little repetitive but I'd had enough of a break from it to enjoy it again. I think it's the Warmind campaign next, i'll get on that then.

11 hours ago, Sambob said:

So, whats free and how?

destiny 2 base game on psn+ i think.

i got the forsaken dlc a bit late so am lagging behind in levels, really enjoying some bits of it, one of the new areas is really nice, with lots of cool stuff to explore, and the bows are ace. not sure what i think of some other bits, like the state of crucible at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the the main questline. 

They've got better at the story telling but.. and this is a big but.. Destiny needs good bad guys quuuick. (I haven't played Forsaken yet)

I didn't have any emotional connection to Ghaul AT ALL. He chucks you off the platform right at the beginning?.. Dude, I did that a million times to myself at the tower in Destiny 1. ?

The extra raid/MMO team management type tasks they put in the missions were fun too. I want more of that.

I would like to see what the end game but I think I'll need the expansions to get the not terrible experience. I'll maybe get back to it in the winter.  

No bungie game has ever had good bad guys. They always feel like things from a Jim Henson movie. Even the way they sound. And then the people in charge that are meant to be bad ass you just think, well they’re just in charge of the stupid things I keep killing. I think the cinematics range from boring to comical as well. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So rather than feel like a lurker who isn't playing anything and just chipping in random threads I thought I'd post something about where I spend most of my time. Maybe the other couple of closet Destiny players might pipe up ?

Anyway. Forsaken. I'd probably say this is one of, if not the, best DLC for a Destiny game. Yes I prefer it to Taken King. It just had more about it. More secret little things to find. An end game area that is probably their best yet visually and in terms of things to do. For the first time the world's first raid completion affected every player playing. It kicked off a weekly curse that grew each week, which gave us access to other things, perhaps progress a quest line or gain access to new challenges. The culmination was something called a 'Dungeon'. New to Destiny it was a high end activity for 3 players. It was kinda like a mini raid or more involved strike. They'd obviously taken inspiration from Souls and the like with its mazelike exploration or precarious situations. 

We've now had the first of this new DLC delivery. Essentially it seems we'll have content added Winter, Spring and early Summer. March and June perhaps. Another larger DLC next September. Usually in these things you get campaign/story missions, Strikes, Raid/Lair and such. It seems to be kinda drip fed. Things progressing weekly. It's safe to say we haven't experienced it all yet, but it is different. No strikes. No campaign/story missions. They've described it as end game content. An injection of tough activities with pinnacle loot to chase. Essentially we have forges which are simple 3 man (matchmade) glorified public events and a raid. Forges are a little underwhelming but the loot is pretty good. The raid though has been really good fun. They usually are but some can be long or mechanically heavy. So this I'll probably spend some time mastering. 

That'll do for now ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...