passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Destiny 2

Sambob

Raid seemed good, hard in parts, trying to organize a group of randoms, and because I went on an lfg site there were a few who were probably under levelled a bit but still it was cool to get into and figure out the opening parts. 

I beat the story last night and really enjoyed it. The game's an absolute visual treat. I'd love a photo mode in this. Also managed to get around six exotics in quick succession - taking me from light level 220 - 241 in the space of about three hours. I think Crucible is a massive improvement over the original. Switching shotguns to the heavy slot, and reducing the fireteam size makes matches a lot more enjoyable. Had a cracking match where my team held a tower on the top of a hill. I kept dropping my rift in the middle giving everyone a buff and arc souls which wrecked anyone that dared come close.

I'm going to start the Rat King stuff tonight I think, although the nightfall part sounds insanely hard.

This week's nightfall is definitely the one to do it on, I managed to beat it with 9 minutes left the other day with a guided group (which I was higher level than). You just need a powerful heavy weapon like a rocket launcher and then your super, and you just wait until the damage boost is on the weapon type you have and just burn the boss and cycle your supers so that you create enough orbs to go along with the heavy weapon damage, if you do it right then you can beat the boss inside a minute, two max. Really its just a case of skipping whatever you can, collecting the rings when they appear and then a good use of supers and heavy to get through the particularly sticky mobs that you cant run through.

^ good luck on the raiding guys!

we got past the first bit, worked out how to do the next bit (or at least the start of it) but didn't manage it properly, think we're giving it another go tonight, took us about 2 hours to do that. i thought it was pretty fun :) 

Had our first stab at the raid last night. Spent too much time farting around in the 'underbelly' but we managed to get to the pleasure gardens/beast jungle.

I think we've got the mechanic now we just need to apply it. It's been stingy with the loot so far. I think one chest had f-all in it ?

Seems like they have tried to steer away from having raids and trials as the way to get the best stuff in the game, and they have set it up that you just play the game now and level up that way. I can see the merits of both ways of doing things to be honest, but it was nice to do a good old raid and then get something amazing for it, but did suck when you couldnt organise a raid team or kept getting slapped around in trials or Iron banner.

Good for me as I have never done a raid before, but love just exploring doing patrols and the Crucible has proper hooked me. I have lots I'm playing at the moment so am not as high as most (258), but whenever I do put it on I have a fantastic time. 

How have the various raid attempts been going?

not really raid spoilers but just in case:

Spoiler

i've done about half of it, and seen the rest but not done it, one bit we had someone who'd already done that part helping us out and he basically told us how to do it so we didn't have to work it out ourselves, which at first i was a bit annoyed by but it turned out to be a pretty annoying section and i'm glad we had the help now. we worked out getting in and the first proper part ourselves, we had help with the second proper bit, the 3rd section we worked out ourselves but haven't pulled it off yet, hoping to have another go tonight, the first and third sections were pretty fun. also had a quick look at the boss last night helping out with a different group, we didn't do it though.

got no loot really so far, well some tokens and one high level engram. got some keys, im assuming for treasure but we haven't looked into that yet.

i've been really enjoying what i played of pvp, got battered in trials mind, did manage to win one game but then someone had to go so we never started a card properly.

Got to the boss tonight. We all had a raid weapon waiting at the postmaster which was a nice surprise. It didn't help much with the disappointment of not dropping gear after the encounters tho. Before, even if you didn't finish it, you got stuff at each encounter. It helped with your level and gave you gear useful for the raid. I dunno. I feel they've taken a backwards step in this regard. I hope prestige makes up for it.

Not really a spoiler but I'll hide it

Spoiler

It's very mechanically encounter heavy. Only one boss fight. Issue with that is once you get the mechanic it's over quick. No DPS concerns. Keen to see how fast we blow through it - barring any changes.

I'm enjoying it though. Really good so far. My team usually starts to drift about now, but the way the game works in this one - it's so rewarding and fun (generally) - that they're keen for reset to start again.