passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Destiny 2

Sambob

So this goes F2P today. Downloading now. I bought some of the new expansions so they best still work. But now do I buy Shadowkeep? I don’t even know how far I am behind and how easy it will be to play the new stuff. 

I’m downloading now and going to see if I can get a feel for it again. I like Destiny as much as the expansions are good. When they’re great I love it, when they’re bad I burn out very quick

It might feel very different. There are apparently a lot of balancing changes and nerfs, which might have gone a bit too far by some accounts. We'll have to see. Plus there are new armour systems bring introduced more akin to D1 (which should be good).

Details as buffs and nerfs to powers and guns will be beyond me. For me it will be how good are the new areas and how repeatable is the content. The last time I played it, I can’t even remember what the new area was. But I really didn’t like it and bounced off it within a week. 

Man, I’m so glad I didn’t buy the DLC because I was really excited about kind of getting back in to it until I loaded up and saw a whole galaxy’s worth of bullshit that is all new, all different and I have no idea what any of it means or what I’m supposed to do and when faced with jumping in I realised...nah, I’m good. Actually it turns that new things are way more off putting than the things you already know so the thought of what I remember Destiny being was enticing until faced with whatever all that was which makes me not want to play at all. Who knew?

i think you can use the same account/characters on pc/ps4, not just a one time transfer, i guess i'm not 100% sure either, although am thinking about giving the pc version a go so will report back if i do. you have to do some stuff on your bungie account to enable it iirc. not sure how it works with dlc either as i have some dlc stuff like forsaken on ps4, but wouldn't have that on pc (maybe in the future this will be a cross buy type thing, but currently i don't think it is).

I very easily set up my PS4 saves on PC, it was really simple through the Bungie site.

I am right back in this now, playing Crucible until 1 am last night, shitgun titan 4 lyfe.

I do agree with the comment about story mode stuff, ive got no idea where to start but im just going to go around doing whatever I can find. I imagine I will buy the forsaken and Shadowkeep DLC at this rate. Going to be playing a lot this weekend so see where we get to.

EDIT: Amanda Halliday has all the legacy quests apparently, not sure where she is but thats where you go. You are fucking welcome.

Some of the original and earlier D2 expansions and armour /weapon systems were really weak. They'd dumbed down stuff so pretty much the only difference in items was cosmetic. The good news is you've come in on the back of the new armour /weapon random roles and RNG systems which makes grinding and levelling for the perfect roll worthwhile.

However some of the original/older stuff, pre-updates, might drop in it's old format and ultimately most of it will be pretty useless.

It's still a sublime FPS action game. And the Forsaken and Shadowkeep updates have been excellent and brought some much needed variety, depth and activities. They brought me back after I'd pretty much abandoned D2 - and I love Destiny. 

I suppose if you're looking for things to focus on then it's what you enjoy and particularly what will level you up. Getting your weekly powerful gear drops is important as these are the only things which will increase your power beyond 900 once you hit the power soft cap.

• 1 month later...

Started this up for the 3rd time last night with Stadia. The first was in the PC Beta and the second was with the PC full game, I believe both those experiences were with vanilla Destiny 2 though and there's been so many expansions that I didn't know if I'd have to do the same tutorial mission I'd already done twice before or not with the full edition on Stadia.

I managed to configure my cross save which meant I could use my PC character - who was pretty much fresh out the opening mission - and skip that same tutorial mission again. When I got in the game though it made me create a new character and started up a different Tutorial mission (that was pretty similar to D1) before I realised I could exit and then choose my existing character.

Once I got to the new Tower(?) I was utterly lost. I had absolute no idea where I was meant to be going, who I was meant to be picking up quests from or anything, it is such a large place to explore and find all the various weapons/quest givers etc. that I really just got utterly lost. Once I left the tower (now at Light Level 750 somehow?) I realised the quests are now within the Orbit menu itself and set off to Nessus to do my first of the introductory quests. 

I did similarly with D1 but when I went back in with that it still enabled me to do all the Expansion missions I'd missed out on, but here I can't see any sign of them whatsoever or any of the original content, it seems they've wiped most of it away and left it in the past, continuing forward with the new Shadowkeep(?) stuff. 

But yeah, I enjoyed it. I haven't played Destiny properly in so long that it was just cool to be back exploring the new Tower and doing some missions on Planets again. The Planets seem to of got a whole lot bigger since Destiny 1 that's for sure! It's a shame resident Destiny megafan @ThreeFour isn't around much anymore to tell me what's changed and whether the early D2 campaigns can still be accessed.

im a bit out of the loop with destiny, just played a little iron banner recently, but try talking amanda holiday in the hanger on the tower (take a left when you spawn in the tower - she's on the right hand side of the map but you spawn facing down/south) i remember reading you can access some old story missions/quests from her. maybe.