passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Destiny 2

Sambob

Thought I'd make an impressions thread before illdog gets upset and pops his hip out. 

I've played about 3 hours, and have opened up zavalla's patrol area after having done a few patrol kind of areas on earth. 

I think the way that the missions have been set out so far has been really good, its nicely integrated with the traditional patrol stuff so it isn't just select story or patrol. And the patrol type 'adventures' have been good so far, slightly more there than go and kill this random guy or scan this random thing its like a mini mission as it should be. 

Gun play is, in my opinion, fucking great. I found a scout rifle called thistle and whistle or some nonsense and it was just fun to kill things with, felt great to use and I was genuinely sad to see it get out levelled by an assault rifle that was twice as powerful. Also got a hand cannon called headstrong I think and it looked and felt great, like the gunslinger uses in Dark Tower if anyone has seen that, looks proper clunky and felt like it packed a real punch too. 

The way that power and light and all that bollocks is done has changed too. Haven't quite grasped the nuances yet but its generally the same principle, better stuff drops from baddies and mission rewards and vendors and so on and you equip it to increase your 'power'. The early game sees you pretty constantly changing gear as more and more formidable stuff drops, and I'm guessing this will cap out to the point where you find a nice set you are happy with and then try and tweak that until its perfect. 

Not done any multi or anything yet, going to finish main missions first. 

Oh theres a story too this time, like a proper one with a more coherent plot. Jury is still out on that one though, seems okay so far? 

I played about 4 hours but I'm just behind you. It's been too distracting on Earth patrol I haven't gotten to Titan yet (even though it's 'unlocked'). 

The pacing seems off. I've barely scratched earth and it wants me off to the next area ? 

I'm not sure how big the EDZ is either because I can't go two feet without something kicking off or lost Sector to loot. That's a good thing though. Plenty more activity going on in patrol than D1 and I do love these early hours exploring, where every white and green Engram is useful. 

The sounds in this game have moved it up a notch. Absolutely fantastic. A simple chest spawning from an enemy right next to me shit me up! ? And the grenades go off with a right pop!

The brief bits of story content are, well, ok. Better than D1. Still a bit, I dunno - limped? Doesn't help I've come straight off the back of Uncharted which is always great at story/character building.

But I don't play this for the story. I want the looooot. I've seen people sub LV 10 (I'm 9) running around with Exotics - where's mine mutha fucka!?

Ah well. 6 hours sleep n back to the EDZ.....

Wow. Bit of a Fatman sat in his chair but I've got ma Warlock to lvl 20 power 200+. I've not even reached the fourth area (Io) yet. 

I like how there's a level system going on. Say some of the Lost sectors are coming up recommend power level 180 so I'm getting my arse tanned and need to come back later. Plus the heroic modifiers on public events gives it a nice twist. 

Looking forward to seeing the strikes and whatever else is planned for the end game. Now I know Exotic engrams come out of chests it makes hunting them that bit more enticing.

i like it so far, it's like 1 but with a lot of small improvements. hammered it today, fun was had. finished the campaign, it seemed cool but playing in coop tbh i don't pay much attention to the story, might start a titan soon and maybe on my own/pay attention more. there's still shed loads to do mind, the patrol areas seem a lot more packed with stuff to do, and there's loads of missions and stuff on the map still to be done.

oh the dancing is a massive disappointment, well most classes/races have a good dance, my hunter who had a rubbish dance in 1, still has a rubbish dance :( should have scrapped it and started a new one.

I really like what i've seen so far. Played around three hours of story and a few crucible matches and there are so many improvements to the original. I really enjoyed some of the 'adventures' - D2's equivalent of patrols. They feel like your actually contributing to a narrative as opposed to 'go here, kill these'. Crucible, whilst not working too well, seemed tighter and more focussed. Seems a bit more tactical than the alt fest that was D1. Gunplay is fantastic as you'd expect, and the visuals are gorgeous. I find myself frequently stopping to take in what's going on in the skies.

The new characters are a lot more relatable than the po-faced Guradians of the first game. 

So yeah, a solid first impression. Looking forwards to spending more time poking about.

I love this game :wub:

I'm doing two characters at the same time so you think I'd be bored but the excellent combat and promise of better loot is making me smile all the time.

The hunter Arcstride synergy on the top tree is great. Just pinging around meleeing everything never gets old.

I'm liking it quite a bit so far.  I was a bit worried that the patrols being replaced with the Adventures would make it weirdly more repetitive in the long run since Patrols were quite random and bitesized but I think the more frequent random events fill that roll more now, which is probably better. 

I wish it was more varied at lower levels, though.  I would like at least a perk or two to tinker with that comes with low level gear.  Nothing too fancy, gotta make that Exotic gear desirable but give us something. 

Possibly because I'm not playing in a fire team but im not enjoying crucible as much as I did in D1, melee is not a thing any more and there is no close range combat at all really, im getting out punched by hunters as a titan all the time wtf. 

Yeah main reason I'm levelling my hunter so early us because I'll be maining PvP with it I think. Always seemed to have an edge in PvP with its mobility and suits my style. 

I got from the beta that groups are the way to go in this PvP. The slightly longer time to kill and reduction in power on abilities n such means being on your own is more difficult. Before I could take on two if my aim and decision making was better. Now you're melted.

I'd definitely join a clan or group up with someone. I'm going to. When I get round to PvP if my team ain't full I'll play with you.