passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Everybody's Golf

Whiskey_chaser

Last night I managed to spark up a conversation with a Japanese lady. I say conversation, I made some weird text gestures then clapped a lot. I say lady, it may have been a man with a cute avatar. We then spent the next ten minutes running around a golf course, cheering people on and laying between their putter and the hole. 

I spent another 15 minutes changing my outfit. Bought myself a sweet new shirt and hat.

This feels like a golf game made by Nintendo and I love it. Underneath all the cutesy weirdness is a cracking golf game. It's the first one i've played in the series but I found myself playing this for around four hours yesterday, only stopping for a few games of Paragon, food and sleep. Managed to work my way through some beginner courses and beat the first three bosses and rank up to level 2. My only complaint so far is that whoever thought of having a boss fight with auto impact locked in is an idiot - auto impact does the final click for you, essentially randomising the bit of the swing that gives you accuracy. It's like having a racing game where the computer steers for you, punting you into a wall every fourth corner.

The holes are all part of a bigger open world, and your free to stop at the tee and have a charge about the course if you like, apparently theres fishing games thrown in as well. I love how all the people charge around the course as your playing - doesn't feel as isolated as other golf games. I haven't dabbled too much in the online part yet, but turf war sounds like fun.

I spent a couple of hours on this last night and I've somehow managed to put my back out. I think I'm doing it wrong.

Anyway, the game itself is as bright and vibrant as you'd expect, but I've spent precisely zero time online so not a clue about the conversation stuff.

It's good fun though, basically a big version of the Vita instalment I played.

Not looking forward to the boss you mentioned though @Chimay. I assume that's the next one seeing as I've beat a girl and child and neither of them had the auto aim bit.

• 2 months later...

I picked this up as it was reduced on PSN. It’s Everybodys Golf and it’s fucking excellent. I’ve been working from home today, I made the mistake of turning it on during my morning half hour break and spent close to two hours playing it. Squeezed in another hour this afternoon as well. I’ve beaten the first three bosses (agree about the auto shoot on the last one @Chimay) and made myself a sexy goth girl avatar and a creep old dude avatar. Great stuff. 

I'm quite far into this, maybe 12 bosses in or something. The first boss that has the possibility of giving you hassle looks like one of the Bronte sisters. I think it's six of one and half a dozen of the other with that fight, since you're playing on a course where being able to hit it far isn't going to sail as well as being able to pitch it high. The nice level courses of Eagle City tactic get thrown out the window when you end up on the alpine course. Some of the holes have some crazy altitude gain on them.

• 1 year later...