MFGamers

Biomutant

DisturbedSwan

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Cool I'll probably pick this up if the console versions are decent. It's interesting how this has been in development for ages and I even played a demo years ago (2017?) at Gamescom but I still feel like I know nothing about it. Really refreshing, if maybe a bit suicidal in terms of marketing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Outside Elden Ring it's probably the biggest gamble in my line up.

I'm cautiously optimistic I guess, but yeah it really could go either way at this point. It is the developers first game, it's a small team and a big open world so in my mind bugs etc. are much more likely on paper but then they have been working on it for 5+ years and a lot of that has apparently been ironing out bugs. The combat looks fun and the open world and freedom the game gives you could be the plus points but I'm sure there will be some negatives in there like repetition, possibly a lack of variety in the environs after awhile, I'm not sure. I don't anticipate it getting over 80, but it is possible it could get really good scores out of nowhere which made me want to take a chance on it.

The most apt comparison I can make is with Immortals: Fenyx Rising and that only got a 76% average...who knows lol.

I think this will be good. Combat in the demo was already really good and responsive, particularly compared to other RPGs, and they've said it won't be massive in terms of playtime-to-complete, so it's probably not a game that'll overstay its welcome. I expect it to be very exploration and combat driven though and wouldn't get my hopes up for an interesting storyline or something like that.

Honestly the only doubts about this that I have at the moment is about its performance on last-gen machines. I'd like to say they had ample amounts of time to optimise but then so did CD Projekt for Cyberpunk.

I had lost interest in this for a while after it being awol for so many years, but my interest has now shot back up again,

Visually and stylistically I'm sold, the only part of me on the fence is hearing how it plays, if its even above average I think I will give

it a shot.

Honestly I have higher hopes for it than I did a year ago, if its even half decent I hope it gets a bit of sucsess.