passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

UK & US Sales and Charts

DisturbedSwan

Not to sound like I'm doing it down, because I did say I thought it'd do better than people expected, but it will be interesting to see if they can keep it selling. I know the price and there lack of exclusives are used a lot when talking about the Xbox One X, but that is is going to be what hinders it in the mid to long term. I could see the Pro being Sony's defacto machine in a year, I cant see Microsoft doing the same even in 2 years 

1 hour ago, Nag said:

And if you believe what they say, I don't think they do either, Microsoft have been quite upfront that they expect the Slim to be the bread winner.

Although when exclusives start coming to the X that won't run on the S (not gonna happen supposedly, yeah... right) things may change.

yeah. I think the cost of it, with how well built it is (watercooling and all that) makes it too expensive, but they could feasibly put out a cheaper build version and drop the price in a year or so.

Of the two I think Microsoft are more likely to go full incremental, the way they've worked out how to do backwards compatibility, I think that bodes well for the future

On 10/31/2017 at 3:49 AM, DANGERMAN said:

Wolfenstein I think will sell over time, a lot of Bethesda's titles do, but at least Steamspy should give an indication how well it's done on PC. No idea if the PC will be Wolfensteins biggest platform, but you'd expect it to be up there

Well I'm not sure what percentage of steam users review their games but two weeks from release the game has just over 3,000 reviews on Steam (for comparison South Park is around the same, Shadow of War is 6,000, Assissin's Creed is over 9,000, Call of Duty over 4,000...and the behemoth PUBG has 300,000 reviews.)

5 hours ago, Nag said:

I'm really hoping Sony follow suit when it comes to PS5  (or whatever) but in reality I can't say my hopes are high.

if they stick to using similar parts to pc's for ps5, i suspect it'll be massively easier than trying to emulate ps3 stuff on a ps4.

Yeah, the problem with emulating the PS3 is the CELL architecture which was notoriously a nightmare to programme for. 

Now the PS4 is based off a standard x86 architecture it's much easier for dev's to program for, and more importantly, it's much easier to emulate and put PS4 games on a PS5 (assuming PS5 is x86 based too).

I'm not sure what that would mean for PS Now though? Who knows.

6 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

Well I'm not sure what percentage of steam users review their games but two weeks from release the game has just over 3,000 reviews on Steam (for comparison South Park is around the same, Shadow of War is 6,000, Assissin's Creed is over 9,000, Call of Duty over 4,000...and the behemoth PUBG has 300,000 reviews.)

I actually went and looked on Steamspy when I posted that. According to them it was at over 100,000 users within less than a week, which seems pretty good 

October 2017 NPD (US) sales data:

Total: $825 million (down 11 percent from $932 million in October 2016)

Hardware: $238 million (up 10 percent from $216 million)

Console software: $447 million (down 20 percent from $556 million)

PC software: $27 million (down 29 percent from $38 million)

Accessories: $113 million (down 7 percent from $122 million

Video from Mat Piscatella, NPD Analyst- https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=494&v=0iDyN3iWqfY

Overall 

Total video game spending in October 2017, which includes hardware, software and accessories, fell 11 percent versus year ago to $825 million. Gains in hardware spending were offset by declines in Software and Accessories. 

Software 

Dollar sales of Console, Portable and PC Games Software combined to reach $474 million in October 2017, down 20 percent versus a year ago, due to a difficult October 2016 comparable which featured the launch of Battlefield 1. Year to date, consumer spending is up 3 percent to $4.2 billion. 

Middle Earth: Shadow of War was October's best-selling game overall, while also taking the top spot on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms. Sales grew over 20 percent when compared to the launch month of the previous release in the franchise, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, which debuted in September 2014. 

Super Mario Odyssey debuted at #3 on the all platforms chart, while taking the top spot for Nintendo Switch. Super Mario Odyssey drove the third highest launch month packaged software sales for a Mario Action/Adventure title in tracked history, following only New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy. 

October sales of Racing games more than doubled when compared to a year ago. So far in 2017, Racing game sales are up 37 percent. Role Playing Games also continued to show 2017 strength, with October sales growing more than 20 percent. Year to date, sales of RPGs are up 43 percent. 

Destiny 2 is now the second best-selling game of the 12 month period ending October 2017, surpassing Battlefield 1, which fell to third. Destiny 2 is the year's best-selling game to date. 

After 2 months in market, NBA 2K18 becomes the best-selling sports game for the 12 month period ending October 2017. NBA 2K18 remains the best-selling sports game year to date and is now the second best-selling game of the year overall. Mario Kart 8 joins the top 10 best sellers of 2017 in October, replacing Mass Effect: Andromeda at #10. 

Mario Kart 8 finished October at #16 overall for the month, and #3 on Nintendo Switch. 

Ubisoft was the best-selling publisher of October 2017. Activison Blizzard remains the top selling publisher year to date. 

Hardware 

Hardware spending in October 2017 grew 10 percent versus year ago to $238 million. Spending growth was once again driven by Nintendo Switch and the SNES Classic. 

The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling hardware platform of the month, while Sony's PlayStation 4 remains the best-selling hardware platform year to date. 

Year to date, hardware spending has grown 19 percent versus 2016 to $2.3 billion. Consumer spending on Nintendo Switch, Plug N Play devices such as the SNES Classic and the PlayStation 4 continue to provide growth. 

Accessories 

Total spend on Accessories and Gamecards fell 7 percent in October compared to a year ago, to $113 million. 

Spending on Steering Wheels more than doubled when compared to a year ago driven by new releases Forza Motorsport 7 and Gran Turismo Sport. 

The PS4 DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Black was the best-selling accessory of October, and is now the best-selling accessory year to date. 

The Gold Wireless Stereo Headset from Sony is the best-selling Headset year to date for the PlayStaion 4, while Turtle Beach's Ear Force Recon 50X Gaming Headset is the best-selling Headset year to date for the Xbox One.

NINTENDO PR

According to the NPD Group, which tracks U.S. video game sales, the Nintendo Switch system was the No. 1 video game hardware in October, followed by the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system in the No. 2 spot. When combined with the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, Nintendo systems accounted for two-thirds of all video game hardware sold in the United States for the second month in a row. The U.S. video game industry achieved hardware sales of more than 1 million total units in October for the first time since 2011.

Software Rankings

October 2017 Top 20 Games (Physical and Full Game Digital for publishers in the Digital Leader Panel) ranked on dollar sales

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Assassin’s Creed: Origins

Super Mario Odyssey**

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

NBA 2K18

FIFA 18

WWE 2K18

Madden NFL 18

Destiny 2*

Forza Motorsport 7

Gran Turismo Sport

Grand Theft Auto V

The Evil Within 2**

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus**

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild**

Mario Kart 8**

Fire Emblem: Warriors**

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands

NHL 18

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege

* No Battle.net sales
** No digital sales

Xbox One

Forza Motorsport 7

NBA 2K18

FIFA 18

Destiny 2

WWE 2K18

Madden NFL 18

Grand Theft Auto V

PlayStation 4

NBA 2K18

FIFA 18

Gran Turismo Sport

WWE 2K18

Madden NFL 18

Destiny 2

The Evil Within 2**

Nintendo Switch

Super Mario Odyssey

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Mario Kart 8

Fire Emblem: Warriors

Pokken Tournament DX

Splatoon 2

Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

FIFA 18

NBA 2K18

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2

Nintendo 3DS

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions

Metroid: Samus Returns

Miitopia

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth

Pokemon: Sun

Fire Emblem: Warriors

Super Smash Bros.

Mario Kart 7

Super Mario Maker

Layton’s Mystery Journey Katrielle and the Millionaire’s Conspiracy

The best-selling games of 2017 so far

Destiny 2*

NBA 2K18

Madden NFL 18

Grand Theft Auto V

For Honor

Horizon Zero Dawn

Injustice 2

Mario Kart 8

The best-selling games over the last 12 months

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Destiny 2*

Battlefield 1

Grand Theft Auto V

NBA 2K18

NBA 2K17

Madden NFL 18

Final Fantasy XV

UK chart, week ending November 18th

01  CALL OF DUTY: WWII
02  STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II
03  FIFA 18 
04  POKEMON ULTRA SUN
05  POKEMON ULTRA MOON 
06  ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS
07  THE SIMS 4 
08  L.A. NOIRE REMASTERED
09  SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
10  LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2
11  NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK

12 GRAN TURISMO SPORT
13  CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY
14  GRAND THEFT AUTO V
15  FORZA MOTORSPORT 7
16 FORZA HORIZON 3
17 SONIC FORCES
18 WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS
19 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM VR
20  PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS
21 WWE 2K18
22 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE
23 FALLOUT 4
24 DOOM
25 LEGO WORLDS
26 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
27 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE
28 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD
29 OVERWATCH: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION
30 MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF WAR
31 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018
32 DESTINY 2
33 MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE
34 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
35 THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME
36 RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD
37 MINECRAFT: STORY MODE - COMPLETE ADV.
38 UNCHARTED: THE LOST LEGACY
39 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION
40 SOUTH PARK: THE FRACTURED BUT WHOLE

Star Wars Battlefront 2 physical sales down 60% on Battlefront 1

Star Wars Battlefront 2 launched with 60 per cent fewer physical sales than Star Wars Battlefront 1.

Battlefront 2's big budget release was ruined by, arguably, the biggest controversy in gaming this year. The game's in-game loot boxes and, to a lesser extent, the high requirements needed to unlock the game's roster of heroes sparked an eruption of anger from fans which EA has been unable to contain. The publisher has U-turned on both fronts - but many fans still consider the game to include pay-to-win mechanics.

In a dramatic and unprecedented move last Friday, EA temporarily switched off all in-game purchases just as Battlefront 2 went live - although it was too late to reverse fan feeling towards the game.

It's impossible to know to what extent Battlefront 2's pre-launch issues hit sales, but with coverage of EA's woes on mainstream channels such as the BBC and CNN, it's hard to imagine the drama not having had an impact.

Back in 2015, Battlefront 1 was the biggest ever launch for a Star Wars game in the UK. It had an extra day on sale, and Battlefront 2 will have received more digital sales which are not counted by UK numbers company Chart-Track - but it's hard to see either of these facts accounting for the eye-opening plummet.

I can't see EA having Star Wars longer than they're currently contracted.  I guess we'll see what happens with that thing Visceral started, but I don't have much hope in it doing as well as a Star Wars game should.  Disney doesn't seem to have much faith in their judgment right now.

I think they'll just do mobile games.

While DOOM on Switch seems steady but I expected Skyreem to do better, I certainly didn't expect it to do less than the VR version.  Unless it's killing it digitally; it's currently second, ahead of Mario on the eShop chart (but behind Rocket League) so I dunno what that actually tallies up to.

How amazing would a CD Projekt Red Star Wars RPG be if they possibly managed to land something from the ashes of the EA's cacophony of fuck? Wishful thinking, I know, but given what they did with The Witcher I think they'd probably be the safest pair of hands for any future Star Wars single player stuff.

2 hours ago, mr lakitu said:

Hang on there was just news banging on about how most sales are digital now. I’m so bored of EA bashing. 

I think sales were always going to be down because bf1 wasn’t great so why be burnt twice? And there was more hype around bf1 even with a the scandal this has had. 

Yeah, Destiny 2 had stronger digital sales than the norm but it's still not the rule.  I doubt BF2 made up its 60% digitally.

I guess the onus is on EA to stop being shit then the bashing will stop.

Call of Duty Wins Black Friday

27/Nov/2017

Black Friday week sees various software titles affected by huge promotions, most of which are hardware driven. Entertainment Software unit sales climb +89% over last week and +53% by revenue and this is the biggest week of the year so far for both units and revenue.

On console hardware and looking specifically at combined sales units of PS4 and Xbox One hardware, this Black Friday week was more successful than last year, up around 3% compared to week 47, 2016.

Standout success on PS4 hardware specifically which beat all previous PS4 Black Friday weeks except for Black Friday 2013 (week 48) which was also PS4 launch week. Official Hard Bundles for PS4 and Xbox One reached a new high this year, accounting for over 83% of all PS4/Xbox One hardware units sold this week.

The Top 3 games this week were pretty much universally offered as bundles from retail, either via official hard bundles or bespoke soft bundles. Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: WWII’ retains the No1 spot for a fourth week since launch, EA climb 1 place to No2 with ‘FIFA 18’ and Sony’s ‘Gran Turismo: Sport’ climbs 9 places to No3. EA’s ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ drops 2 places to No4 and Ubisoft climb 1 place to No5. Microsoft climb 9 places to No6 with ‘Forza Motorsport 7’ and Bethesda climb back in to the Top 10 with 2 titles – ‘Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus’ climbs 11 places to No7 and ‘Fallout 4’ climbs 14 places to No9.

Sandwiched in between these 2 and climbing 1 place to No8 is Nintendo’s ‘Super Mario Odyssey’. Sony’s ‘Playstation VR Worlds’ climbs 9 places to No11 this week, mostly due to Sony’s PSVR Starter Pack deal that includes this title – PSVR headset sales are huge this week, on a par with launch week (wk41/2016) and this week is the equivalent of the past 18 weeks of PSVR sell-through.

A couple of Sony first party PS4 new releases make the Top 40, with ‘Knowledge is Power’ debuting at No14 and ‘Hidden Agenda’ debuting at No15.

UK Chart, week ending November 25th

01 CALL OF DUTY: WWII
02 FIFA 18
03 GRAN TURISMO: SPORT
04 STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II
05 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS
06 FORZA MOTORSPORT 7
07 WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS
08 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
09 FALLOUT 4
10 NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK
11 PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS
12 FORZA HORIZON 3
13 WWE 2K18
14 KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
15 HIDDEN AGENDA
16 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY
17 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
18 DESTINY 2
19 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE
20 DOOM
21 POKEMON ULTRA SUN
22 THE SIMS 4
23 SOUTH PARK: THE FRACTURED BUT WHOLE
24 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM VR
25 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2
26 MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE
27 MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF WAR
28 POKEMON ULTRA MOON
29 THE EVIL WITHIN 2
30 THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE VIDEO GAME
31 OVERWATCH: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION
32 UNCHARTED: THE LOST LEGACY
33 SONIC FORCES
34 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE
35 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD
36 LEGO WORLDS
37 JUST DANCE 2018
38 L.A. NOIRE
39 NBA 2K18
40 RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD

UK Chart, week ending December 2nd.

1  CALL OF DUTY: WWII

2  FIFA 18

3  GRAN TURISMO: SPORT

4  STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II

5  ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS

6  SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY

7  FORZA MOTORSPORT 7

8  MARIO KART 8 DELUXE

9  GRAND THEFT AUTO V

10  CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY

11  KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

12  WWE 2K18

13  NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK

14  WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS

15  LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2

16  HIDDEN AGENDA

17  JUST DANCE 2018

18  THE SIMS 4

19  XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2

20  FORZA HORIZON 3

21  CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE

22  DESTINY 2

23  SONIC FORCES

24  POKEMON ULTRA SUN

25  POKEMON ULTRA MOON

26  SOUTH PARK: THE FRACTURED BUT WHOLE

27  MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF WAR

28  MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE

29  THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD

30  THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME

31  1-2 SWITCH

32  LEGO WORLDS

933  FALLOUT 4

35  OVERWATCH: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION

36  L.A. NOIRE

37  ROCKET LEAGUE

38  TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE

39  PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS

40  THE EVIL WITHIN 2

Japanese Media Create Sales chart, week ending Dec 3rd 

01./01. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.11.17} (¥4.980) - 107.657 / 944.074 (-36%)
02./00. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2017.12.01} (¥7.980) - 97.732 / NEW 
03./02. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.10.27} (¥5.980) - 61.596 / 853.654 (-21%)
04./04. [NSW] Splatoon 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.21} (¥5.980) - 36.246 / 1.409.776 (+20%)
05./00. [3DS] Kirby Battle Royale <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.11.30} (¥4.980) - 28.023 / NEW 
06./00. [PS4] Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi # <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.11.30} (¥8.800) - 27.230 / NEW 
07./07. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 23.388 / 861.238 (+24%)
08./05. [PS4] Call of Duty: WWII # <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.11.03} (¥7.900) - 15.505 / 306.501 (-28%)
09./09. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.11.23} (¥2.700) - 13.068 / 294.639 (+21%)
10./08. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 11.634 / 668.649 (-23%)
11./06. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon Veteran Trainer's Dual Pack {Pokemon Ultra Sun \ Pokemon Ultra Moon} <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.11.17} (¥9.960) - 10.872 / 278.952 (-46%)
12./00. [3DS] Attack on Titan 2: Future Coordinates <ACT> (Spike Chunsoft) {2017.11.30} (¥5.980) - 8.353 / NEW 
13./00. [PS4] Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.11.30} (¥7.600) - 8.069 / NEW 
14./00. [NSW] Resident Evil: Revelations Collection <Resident Evil: Revelations \ Resident Evil: Revelations 2> <ADV> (Capcom) {2017.11.30} (¥4.990) - 6.540 / NEW 
15./12. [3DS] Style Savvy: Styling Star <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.11.02} (¥4.980) - 6.450 / 61.055 (+3%)
16./10. [PS4] Star Wars: Battlefront II # <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.11.17} (¥7.800) - 5.886 / 55.389 (-45%)
17./00. [NSW] Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi # <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.11.30} (¥8.800) - 5.636 / NEW 
18./00. [PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX <Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone - Prelude \ Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone - Future Sound \ Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone - Colorful Tone \ Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone - 1st Encore \ Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone - 2nd Encore \ Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone - 3rd Encore \ Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DLC> # <ACT> (Sega) {2017.11.22} (¥7.990) - 5.579 / 40.475
19./13. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport # <RCE> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.10.19} (¥6.900) - 5.542 / 198.985 (-7%)
20./18. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980) - 4.758 / 287.866 (+21%)

PS4 at 70.6 million sales, PSVR 2 Million

SAN MATEO, Calif., December 7, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced new sales milestones for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®VR (PS VR) virtual reality system, and PS4 and PS VR games.

PS4 has cumulatively sold through more than 70.6M units to consumers worldwide as of December 3, 2017*1.

More than 617.8 million copies*2 of PS4 games have been sold at retail stores globally and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store as of December 3, 2017.

Based on strong momentum of PS4, PS VR cumulatively sold through more than 2M units to consumers worldwide as of December 3, 2017*1.

150 titles have been released for PS VR*3, achieving more than 12.2 million copies sold at retail stores globally and through digital downloads on PlayStation Store as of December 3, 2017.