passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee

radiofloyd

• 7 months later...

Rumour: Pokemon Switch is Currently Being Localized

The guy correctly hinted the Raven on Switch.

Sorry for the double post but now I see where the pixelpar rumor comes from. It's actually not a rumor but a fact from the hiring site:

https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POKEMON&cws=1&rid=522

"This role is a minimum 6-month fixed term contract, which is anticipated to commence between April and June 2018"

For Pokemon Sun/Moon translation began on early January, so an April-June editing makes sense.

Unprecedented for a main console 'Mon tho right. Its not a small scale handheld style one is it? Hard to guage when we don't know the scope of it or the dev size do we? By the time they announce things they've been working on something a couple of years or so. I know developers working on something last couple of years but it's unannounced. 

I'd be surprised if it's this year. Especially not having seen anything of it. 

19 hours ago, ThreeFour said:

Unprecedented for a main console 'Mon tho right. Its not a small scale handheld style one is it?

I won't be expecting a big leap from Sun & Moon to be honest.  It'll be that scale but with HD fidelity.  It won't be Breath of the Wild, that's for sure.

I'm sure lots of people would love that, myself included.  I'm just being real, yo

But with Capcom's surprisingly bold move to AAA-ify Monster Hunter paying off a lot I hope a Breath of the Wild style Pokemon game is something Game Freak and Nintendo will consider for a future iteration.

There's enough to make a 20 year long anime, so yeah, I'd say there is enough to make a Pokemon open world game, easily.  It's not like they don't already have a rich world full of cute, quirky and irreverent stuff.  None of it has a true light shone on it, but then thats why it would work in a game where you bring your own playful interpritations.

So yeah, Pokemon would make an excellent open world game

but, for many reasons, valid and not, they won't make it any time soon.

I'd love an expansive proper console Pokémon. Have done since I played Blue. I think a lot of people do which is why the announcement was met with excitement. I don't think people lost their shit about playing Moon on their Switch ?

We'll have to see. Of course it can be done, it just needs a team with the skill and vision to pull it off. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee look nice but apparently you don’t battle Pokemon, only trainers. I could get over that though, as long as the game hasn’t been dumbed down in other ways. I want one of those Pokeballs lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...