passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon Ball FighterZ

radiofloyd

On 13/01/2018 at 6:38 PM, Shin_Seffron said:

This looks amazing, but most DBZ games I’ve played have been pants.

At least by the time it comes out on the switch we’ll know if it’s any good or not.

Check the pedigree dude, this isn't made by the people that made the past Dragon Ball games.  Careful not to sound like an idiot.

I finally got round to playing some games.  I recorded my first convincing win... not my first win... just the one where I looked kinda cool.  It's hard looking cool not knowing what the fuck you're doing.  There is no training mode so you just gotta jump in and press buttons.

But this is one fun game.  I know cool stuff exists I just wanna practice it before going online.  Can't wait for the full game,

On 16/01/2018 at 7:42 AM, DifferentClass said:

Check the pedigree dude, this isn't made by the people that made the past Dragon Ball games.  Careful not to sound like an idiot.

Alright, calm down! 

Although I have just looked ‘em up. They did the DBZ Supersonic Warriors Games on the GBA. I had the first one, that was quite good if a bit mental.

There’s been a few posts from folks who have got copies early on ERA that are reporting this game has loot boxes that can be bought with real money.

No judgement from me either way, just merely sharing the information for those that care.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-ball-fighterz-discussion-thread-rosters-stages-dlc-etc.451/page-356#post-3458483

Guilty Gear Xrd also had a similar system where you'd earn an in-game currency and you could cash it in for random cosmetic items (colours, lobby avatars etc) so of course they're gonna try and get real money out of a similar system cos video games.

Arc Systems do have a lot of goodwill, more than they might arguably deserve but if this works out particularly bad combined with that they're pulling with the Blazblue Tag game then they may end up on people's wrong side.

They had the beta running longer because early on it was knackered and people didn't get a chance to play it.  I had a better time this time.  At the start I was just letting my MvC:I muscle memory run riot but it was leading me to drop simple combos and use Supers incorrectly.  When I actually concentrated and took in this game's particular mechanics I found some more success.

I wish I saved the match, but shout-out to the guy that got really salty and left after a one all tie.  He'd been playing for ages, had loads of matches under his belt and just beat me, so in went for the rematch, sat up, and kinda kicked his arse.  Finished him with a convincing set of moves, too.  I want to find out the results of a full set... I think he knows how it would have gone :ph34r:

I mean it's a beta so I don't know why people are bothered about their rank <_<

I stuck with the same team through the beta because I'm slow and it takes me a while to get the feel of a new fighting game.  I used Goku purely because you use him in the tutorial mode and I'd picked up a thing or two, Freiza because he looks like Mewtwo (I think I'll be sticking with him in the full game because he really clicked) and Android 18, the only gurl in this sausage-fest, who actually seems hard and weird to use.  Her moves centre around calling in her bro but I couldn't make it work in a match.  One for the lab when the game's out.  Her level one super was good for catching button mashers so I made her work a little.

Roll on release day because I'm looking forward to getting stuck in on this.

• 2 years later...