passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon Ball FighterZ

radiofloyd

Following a leak on Friday, Bandai Namco officially announced Dragon Ball FighterZ for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC during the Microsoft E3 2017 press conference. It will launch worldwide in early 2018.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is a collaboration combining classic 2D fighting game mechanics with the Dragon Ball universe developed by Arc System Works. It will be playable at E3 2017

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/dragon-ball-fighterz-reveal-trailer-closed-beta-set-summer

More info in link.

15 minutes of gameplay footage from Bandai Namco and Arc System Works’ newly announced fighting game Dragon Ball FighterZ have surfaced via a V-Jump live stream hosted today.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2018.

Update 9:30 a.m.: Here is even more footage, direct from Bandai Namco:

• 1 month later...

Bandai Namco has released a new trailer for Dragon Ball FighterZ revealing the first gameplay footage of Trunks, who was first announced in June.

The company also announced that registration for the summer-due closed beta will open on July 26. The beta itself will feature nine characters. Currently, seven characters have been announced: Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Cell, Frieza, Majin Buu, and Trunks.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2018.

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/dragon-ball-fighterz-trunks-reveal-trailer-closed-beta-registration-opens-july-26

This game honestly looks incredible to me. They've captured the animation so well and the shading is beautiful!

How difficult/easy are Arc System Works to get into? I think I'd quite like ot play this but don't want to have to dedicate hours upon hours just to be competent (not even good, just competent!).

With the characters they've shown people who played it say in terms of moves the specials are all just quarter circles so it seems very Marvel vs Capcom so far.  The chase they keep doing is a single button, as are small projectiles so while I'm sure there will be some weird systems and a meta game for the serious boys it seems like you can just hit buttons and have a good time as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The servers seem to be down at the minute so it's only letting me play trial matches, but after just two fights I'm probably going to be placing an order for this and skipping Xenoverse 2 on Switch.

I'll start with the visuals. Put short, they're incredible. Each round it does a close up of each of your three opponents along with a little sound bite. The animation is superb (except for a TINY bit of stuttering as the camera scrolled up Trunks), so vibrant, it's genuinely the closest I've seen to the anime in a game, but without the grainy quality I grew fond of when I watched DBZ years ago. I looked around on one of the character intros and even the crowd looks great - humans, animals and everything you'd expect from the show, and animated in the same way (some sections moving up, some moving down for effect). I managed to take Trunks down with a super when playing as Frieza and the camera switched to a zoomed out scene from outside the arena to show a huge area of effect. Again, just like the show used to.

The sound - awesome too. I never watched it in Japanese so I can't comment on the voices, but the ki blasts, the characters hitting the floor, the high-pitched 'shwoom' as you disappear and reappear behind your opponent, it's all there, and it really helps to immerse you in the game. So fucking good.

Now the gameplay - Kamehameha is exactly what you'd expect - quarter circle forward and X. So obviously I spammed it. Because Goku. I'm not proficient at fighting games to say the least, so I wasn't managing anything too bombastic, but even so it still has the speed you'd expect. Until you're at opposite ends of the screen. That's when it all slows down and feels a little bit heavy and awkward. I assume there's some high level play that means you can be extremely effective from a distance, and there is a command to bring you face to face with your opponent, but I'm not consistent with it as yet. It feels good though. It feels fun, and most importantly it feels like something I'd want to learn. Genuinely, genuinely impressed with the beta for this. 

Ok the servers are working now - it drops you into a little hub area with other people online and gives you a few options for what to do. Watching replays at the minute and some people already look pretty great at the game.

That's intimidating. But the hub kinda makes me want it even more!

• 1 month later...

Promising fighting game Dragon Ball FighterZ comes out on 26th January 2018, Bandai Namco has announced. That's for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is a 2.5D fighter from Arc System Works, the developer of the critically acclaimed BlazBlue series. It is of course based on the Dragon Ball franchise.

Each player picks three character to form a team, and you switch between them during a match. Like Capcom's Marvel vs. Capcom, you can all in other characters to perform an assist. Expect over-the-top special moves and hundred digit combos.

2 hours ago, Craymen Edge said:

evey time I saw any of it, nothing was happening, and kept not happening

I've never watched it, so I'm not 100% sure how much this will interest you, but there was a series released for the 20th and 25th anniversaries of DBZ called Dragon Ball Kai. That apparently reduced the episode count from 260-odd to 160-something, so it probably cuts out a lot of the fat and two to five episodes at a time of random dudes screaming at each other.

Unless of course you're happy to continue not liking the series. I only like it because 15 year old me though it was insanely cool and seeing it on Cartoon Network after school every day was my first taste of anime.

• 2 months later...