Blakey

Anthem

I’m hearing that Anthem is actively destroying EA’s servers.

So I’m the guy on GAF who did the packet captures of No Man’s Sky at launch to prove it had no multiplayer.

I did packet capture on Anthem and it has the opposite problem. If it fails to connect it floods their servers trying to reconnect. They’ve created a condition where they’re DDoS themselves, and EA.

You'd think they'd be aware that the servers were going to be flooded. It's one of the most anticipated games ever. And it's always the same on day 1, the servers get crush and it fucks up the perception of the game for those that spend ages looking at a screen failing to connect.

You think they'd severely overestimate and then add some servers on top to ensure a smooth day 1 and then scale down to the appropriate number of servers once it all evens out and they're getting regular numbers.

Division 2 will probably be the same when that drops its demo in a few months time.

3 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

It's one of the most anticipated games ever. 

Is it? I've not had that impression in the slightest.

There’s absolutely no excuse for this these days. If your game has online functionality, you NEED to get your shit together. 

It’s not as if EA can’t afford plenty of servers. And the line that gets thrown out,year after year,is “we wasn’t expecting it to be so popular”.

A line rendered even more ridiculous now when the amount of pre-orders is often available.

Absolutely pathetic. But then it’s EA,so who didn’t see it coming a mile away. 

I guess so @Sly Reflex, I just think it's going to be the end of BioWare. I hope I'm wrong.

It's not been on my radar at all, but then I'm no longer the target audience. As it stands I'm more likely to play The Division 2, though.

It could be the end. This whole bad press doesn't reflect good on them.

I want to try both, and go back to Destiny 2 at some point.

As I understand it, it’s not a lack of servers, more that they have dodgy code that is forcing it to do a denial of service on itself.

Wholly expected, not surprised at all. 

It’s a good job it’s happening now rather than Day 1 at launch, they have a little time to sort out the issues.

2 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Wholly expected, not surprised at all. 

It’s a good job it’s happening now rather than Day 1 at launch, they have a little time to sort out the issues.

That's kind've what I think, this always happens... why the massive shock?

25 minutes ago, Nag said:

That's kind've what I think, this always happens... why the massive shock?

Because this is one step further in that it's fucking up all the other EA online games. 

Brilliant 😂 This industry just keeps on giving. 

Good job I didn't plan on trying it tonight. I may over the weekend if they sort their shit out.

2 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

You'd think they'd be aware that the servers were going to be flooded. It's one of the most anticipated games ever. 

One of this week's podcast hosts didn't even know what it was.. 😳

I managed to play one mission. I was into it. 

The movement/mechs feel very weighty and has some skill to it. It's very pretty too. 

The movement in the hub area felt a tad slow tho. 

I'm going to try and play more tomorrow. 

I'm digging it. Combat loop seems fun and the flying mechanic works well. Looks like there's a lot of scope for tweaking your load out as well. 

Actually found the dialogue at the end of the first mission pretty amusing as well. 

Well this is broken as fuck.

I've finished 3 missions but only got the loot for 1 since the game locked me into a infinity loading screen. Each time the game breaks it's on a loading screen. That is potty.

I can't actually play the game without rejoining a session I've dropped out of. Because that makes perfect sense.

From the little I've played it seems good though. The only really bad thing from the game itself is the walking speed in the hub area. Glaciers have a high top speed.