Blakey

Anthem

The take away from that is everything is so detailed you can't tell what's in the distance. Cleaner design is needed for enemies.

Also had a big laugh at the big game changer, looked impressive but it did fuck all. Hard to tell if the shooting is fun, I guess we wont know until hands on with it.

This could go either way really. It could be the greatest thing ever or be another Emperors New Clothes.

2 hours ago, illdog said:

Graphically it looks lovely. I'm gonna be honest, I couldnt be arsed to watch to the end because I was so fucking bored. I'm sure it's different when you play it.

This.

EA announced during its panel at PAX West over the weekend that the Anthem demo will be heading to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in early February 2019.

Anthem Lead Producer, Mike Gamble, shared the announcement during the EA panel and stated that it was only a small teaser of the full game that players will be able to get their hands on next year. Gamble also added that the demo isn't a beta of the game for fans to give feedback on but rather just a chance for players to have a small glimpse into the upcoming title.

The demo for Anthem is set to be heading to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on 1st February 2019.

Demos are a bit hit and miss with me and usually do more harm than good, I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm buying the game so may go in completely cold... Resi 2 would've just released too so fuck wasting time on a demo.😂

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/09/03/anthem-story-dlc-will-be-free

Bioware has confirmed that although its upcoming multiplayer action-RPG Anthem will feature post-launch story content, all of these releases will be free of charge.

The news comes courtesy of GameRant, which reports that Bioware made the announcement during its PAX West Panel.

Bioware hasn't given any further details about what Anthem's post-launch content will look like, but given that the announcement has specifically mentioned that there will be no charge for story content it's likely there will be some sort of paid DLC on the horizon. Bioware has previously insisted that the game won't feature loot boxes and won't give players the ability to "pay for power", but that doesn't rule out cosmetic enhancements of some sort dropping as part of a paid DLC package.

Previous publicity for the game has heavily featured Bioware's concept of "Our World, My Story", intended to be indicative of the fact that the game reflects Bioware's rich history of storytelling while also embracing the game's multiplayer functionality. Game director Jon Warner has previously said the studio doesn't want gamers to "feel any regret" over the time or money they invest in the game.

Good. Although it does make me worry in the same vein as BFV because you know some of the stuff they try to cram in will look ridiculous.

Is it a sign of the times that instead of thinking "Good on em" you automatically think "So what shit are you selling then?"...

It pretty much sounds too good to be true, so it probably is.

I feel absolutely no hype for this game,at all. Mass Effect Andromeda was an absolute disaster,and all the footage I’ve seen of this game only conjures up one word for me: “Meh”.

Me too.

As a looter you won't know until youyr in there, past the story and into the end game grind. This may have a good story. Be a bonus to me as I'm not here for that. I want cool boss fights, great weapons and/or abilities underpinning a good combat system and hopefully some sorta proper raid type deal. 

It looks bombastic, so it's got that. What class people choosing? I'll probably wait and see what my crew pick but the Tanky one is catching my eye 💪🏻

Shopto offered me a code for £10 off preordering. 

Still not interested. None of the videos have got even a bit of excitement out of me. 

People may enjoy it. Doesn’t feel like it’s for me. And it wouldn’t surprise me that if it fails,BioWare may be the next EA casualty.

2 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Shopto offered me a code for £10 off preordering. 

Still not interested. None of the videos have got even a bit of excitement out of me. 

People may enjoy it. Doesn’t feel like it’s for me. And it wouldn’t surprise me that if it fails,BioWare may be the next EA casualty.

Same with me. Plus Destiny and Destiny 2 didn’t hold my attention for more than a hour and this looks like it’s trying to do the same thing. 

I’m worried about that with BioWare too. First Inquisition, then Andromeda and now possibly this. Could be the start of EA trying to shut them down. 

2 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

BioWare may be the next EA casualty.

Because they have no say in what they say or do and work at gun point?

Anthem looks like a pretty generic game. Like most summer blockbusters people will lap it up regardless of content.

I r hardcore gamer. Must consume to stay relevant. ...it’s ...goty,

9 months later..

it’s... in goty graveyard. 

Well,Mass Effect Andromeda was a huge disaster for Bioware. EA really isn’t known for their patience,never have been. So if Anthem does flop,two things could happen:

1-They cut their ties with EA,and go and do their own thing.

2-Due to financial losses,they go under. 

They’ve done it to countless companies before. So despite Bioware’s calibre,they can’t afford Anthem to fail,in my opinion.

Bah! Different teams worked on the other games and there's been some more comforting names attached to this. That's not to say it hasn't had a trying time in development. 

This is a the A team, or what's left of Bioware, and they know it needs to have a good start. There's an audience out their wanting this kind of game. Not a massive selection available so if it's at least half decent, it'll do well. 

I want it to do well not just for its own sake, but to provide good competition for the others. 

Some interesting info from a developers twitter AMA:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/21/18179227/anthem-gameplay-details-bioware-loot-abilities-gear-tweets

Combat looks fun and the Javelins look like they play pretty differently (one of my issues with Destiny is I never really felt any different regardless of what class I was).

One of the points in the article above which I like is how player level is tied to the pilot, not the Javelin, so you can have multiple load outs of different classes and choose what you see fit.

Also - content after launch is free without any season pass. One of my biggest gripes with Destiny is I felt they had a total disregard for my time and money. But hey - this is EA so i'm sure they'll screw it up somehow.

Anyway - it's only £32.50 - and if the Beta is shit, i'll just cancel. But i'm cautiously optimistic that this will be the third person space Diablo I want it to be.