Blakey

Anthem

Xbox, tried changing to PS4 too late... I can't really justify paying a tenner extra for the platform swap, I'll be with you lot in spirit. In an ideal world we could maybe have cross-play.😉

@Whiskey_chaser

Pay quite a bit extra (can get full games which have been discounted for price difference) to play early to get a even more broken game than usual. I don’t get it, these game publishers must be laughing all way to the bank. 

You can read my experiences with the game in the Games section. 

Personally, I wouldn’t be comfortable paying full whack for this at the state it’s currently in.

Whether the Day 1 patch solves all its many issues or not remains to be seen. At the moment it’s in a worse state than Andromeda was.

I just pre-bought the standard version on PS4 off Amazon and they've emailed today to say I've qualified for a £10 discount. I'm now paying £39.99. Which is nice.

I paid just over 33 quid, which is why I didn't want to change platform...

They’re talking about it on the Bombcast right now. Gerstmann is not impressed at all.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

They’re talking about it on the Bombcast right now. Gerstmann is not impressed at all.

Is Gerstmann ever impressed with anything ever? (I do agree with him in this instance though).

That was his opening blast. Lots of problems with the core design, the Tomb grind before the end game, the shooting, the lack of shooting while flying, etc.

You can shoot whilst flying...(well, hovering) with the Javelin I’m using (Storm) anyway. I’ve just got to the Tomb mission, dreading it a bit to be honest.

Completely agree @Craymen Edge

Once they’ve finished the recording and it goes up on YouTube I’ll link to the video and give you the time stamp to jump to the discussion.

And another fantastic rant further on about the new Zelda.

I hope he actually does back up his arguments. Jeff's criticism, for all his reputation as a critic, usually stops at "____ feels like garbage"  "____ is HOT GARBAGE". I honestly can't remember the last time I heard him give any thoughtful criticism about a game

39 minutes ago, Hendo said:

And another fantastic rant further on about the new Zelda.

That was incredible. :D

5 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

I hope he actually does back up his arguments. Jeff's criticism, for all his reputation as a critic, usually stops at "____ feels like garbage"  "____ is HOT GARBAGE". I honestly can't remember the last time I heard him give any thoughtful criticism about a game

This is one of the many reasons I stopped paying them any attention. I actually feel a little ashamed that they're held up on a pedestal for our hobby, as critics or mouthpieces they don't hold a candle to even average critics over in film or music.

Skip forward to 44 minutes.

And then again to 1:46:00 for non-Anthem rant.

I've seen a few people describe it as a rant, it's more considered than that. I suspect some people are going to really enjoy Anthem still based on Jason's reaction 

Yeah I wouldn’t describe it as a rant, it’s a very well thought out list of the problems he has with it. That he considers base game Destiny 1 a better package says a lot. And the loot being shit in a loot shooter.

the shame about it is that after the demo I said that was the thing it had going for it, it felt like you could spec your javelin to a more personal taste than in Destiny. Sounds like that stuff is all post the end of the game

21 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

the shame about it is that after the demo I said that was the thing it had going for it, it felt like you could spec your javelin to a more personal taste than in Destiny. Sounds like that stuff is all post the end of the game

This.

I've just finished Spider-Man and there aren't many games out there that have a nailed a character quite like Insomniac have. I truly felt like I was Spidey in that game, swinging through a wonderfully realised city, kicking butt.

WIth games like the Division, the immersion came for being able to create my own character and go through the Story that way, making them look individual from the other players I came across. Even Destiny would drop gear that I could customise to my liking with shaders and combinations.

Anthem really needs to make this part work too as the last thing you need is every Javelin looking the same for the most of the game.