passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Anthem

DisturbedSwan

@Blakey has you covered, he downloaded it a few days ago. I expect a thread to go up soonish with him twaddling on about it in extreme detail.

I shall be there next week.Really looking forwards to it, if only for the outrage of it being broken as fuck. I hope it isn't but we sort of know it's going to be on some level.

Press servers went live last night apparently and the embargo lifted 25 mins ago so there's a slow drip feed of info coming through. Some info on micro-transactions available here:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/anthem-microtransactions-what-you-can-buy-in-anthems-cosmetic-store/

My wonky maths works out the emote at being around £3 and a full armour set for £6.47

According to the reddit thread the game gives you 80k in coins at the start which is enough for the armour set and an emote.

I was just coming to post about this exact thing.

500 Shards: $6.49/£3.99 

1050 Shards: $12.99/£7.99 

2200 Shards: $25.99/£15.99

4600 Shards: $51.99/£31.99

That's one question answered. The other question is how quickly are coins earned. Having to have 61,000 coins for a set of cosmetics could be some fair old grinding. It really depends on how quickly those coins come.

1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

The other question is how quickly are coins earned. Having to have 61,000 coins for a set of cosmetics could be some fair old grinding. It really depends on how quickly those coins come.

Take it with a pinch of salt, but apparently you can get coins from chests in Freeplay:

I got coins for beating an elite mob in the demo as well. I think it's the speed they come at, it's alright saying "You can do this" but it boils down to how often. For instance you could get legendary engrams out of patrol chests in Destiny 1, but out of the thousands of chests I opened when farming for materiel did I only see that legendary pop up maybe 2 or 3 times.

It's all going to boil down to the drop rates, and I guess that thing where depending on how many and how hard your Friends are playing you get a wad of coins per week. That reddit thread I posted a while back explained how it worked but it's slipped my mind.

You can read my experiences with the game in the Games section. 

Personally, I wouldn’t be comfortable paying full whack for this at the state it’s currently in.

Whether the Day 1 patch solves all its many issues or not remains to be seen. At the moment it’s in a worse state than Andromeda was.