passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Anthem

DisturbedSwan

8 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

I watched the computer game show stream this and it looked both boring and ugly compared to the reveal. Similar to what happened with watchdogs. And the gameplay looks generic as heck.

A hard pass. 

What I've seen doesn't look ugly but that market area is really empty compared to the E3 reveal. Maybe it's a different area, maybe it's just because it's a beta, but I always thought it was a bit optimistic. I remember Digital Foundry doing a video about how it was all eminently possible, which again seemed optimistic, but who knows 

Going off the demo I think it populates as you play?

I can't say I'm all that fond of that marketplace bit. Even the chatting with the people and how they give you options on how to reply feels a bit like a Telltale game were it doesn't really matter what you say. It's certainly the weakest part from the bit I've experienced.

The movement feels really good though. I know it's a done thing to say the shooting in Bungie games feel nice but Anthem has it's own take on that with how freely it feels to move about. It feels effortless, I thought it'd be a mess to control but it feels so natural and flowing.

Gameplay is going to be the decider for me. Ive never bought or played a game because of the cosmetic items in it, it just doesnt interest me and I dont think ive ever ever spent real life money on a digital cosmetic item. It means I dont care when they do shady stuff as well, I will just play the game if I like it, for reference I played and very much enjoyed Star Wars Battlefront 2 at launch and dont have a problem with it.

As long as it doesnt basically force me to have to spend money in order to enjoy the game then im fine, as soon as there is the slightest inkling that its going down that route I will drop it. Still looking forward to playing this weekend. Thats if I can tear myself away from Hollow Knight for long enough.

22 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

The movement feels really good though. I know it's a done thing to say the shooting in Bungie games feel nice but Anthem has it's own take on that with how freely it feels to move about. It feels effortless, I thought it'd be a mess to control but it feels so natural and flowing.

There's a great breakdown of the launch animation over on a twitter thread somewhere - small details like the initial flare of the jets that fill the screen and two frames later your Javelin is further from the camera for a couple of seconds giving a nice sense of inertia. 

In regards to the in game economy, I prefer a system like this instead of a season pass for additional content. Having to pay additional money to keep playing a £40 game seems a the worst possible scenario. I think I worked out I ended up spending over £120 just to keep playing Destiny 1 with the group I played with, so if people want to drop $20 on a paint job so I can keep playing new content for nothing, so be it. 

The developers are already hinting at a whole new area, new enemies and dynamic events so if the contents good, i'll probably buy a few new bits here and there to keep it going.

But yeah, if it ever becomes pay to win, they can fuck off.

Depends on the content added. I prefer paying for a meaningful content drop. I don't like banking on some mugs dropping silly money on cosmetics. A game like this people expect regular content. Destiny and Division struggled to keep up with demand. If you're competitor is offering more regular content they may disperse elsewhere. 

I'm assuming they're going for a live service type thing. They may do it differently. We'll see.

Loads of the Destiny community got invited to the studio to cover it. I get, and they, the feeling that's the market they're aiming for, despite the genre differences. So it's going to be interesting going forward. 

25 minutes ago, Sambob said:

What the fuck?

So even though ive downloaded the demo, I cant play it unless I Pre-order?

This is confusing no?

yeah i think it's confusing too. i think the previous demo was just for preorders, the next one is for everyone...

edit - i agree with Nag

So Bioware have stated they will get Anthem to run at 60fps eventually on XB1X. Theres no way im buying it now. I will get the Division 2 and put at least 100 hours into that and get Anthem a few months down the line once they fix the inevitable problems it has at launch.

I played the Alpha (and thought it was shite) and played the last beta and it was as average as it gets. Just felt dull but i know theres gonna be things i like. But i cant buy this right now if they have said it can get to 60fps.