passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Anthem

DisturbedSwan

I had Access to them tonight. Storm was really fun. Colossus was marred by the weapons I chose but he was a cool experience. 

Definite distinction between the classes which is cool. The combat is as expected, coming from Bioware. The variation and fights themselves were a bit tame. 

I'm gonna give this a go with my mates I think. We'll have some fun here ??

I'm not really worried about the disconnects and shit. I know it's a massive pain in the arse but they cannot ship a game that is in that state. @smallofbooty was talking about mobs vanishing in free roam which is a bit worrying, I've not seen it with my own eyes so I don't know if it's a case of like it is in Destiny where a timer starts/stops and the mobs phase out, but if it's horribly implemented or it's just glitched out it needs sorting. I noticed some of the AI is super dubious as well, I was fighting this cunt last night and even though @Whiskey_chaser was practically on his shoulders he was intent on shooting at me. Stuff like that needs looking at. I think we have to realise that Bungie are pretty ace at enemy AI so we can forget having anything like that, but it should be up to some level.

One thing I really didn't like is when it says "low ammo" when you need to reload. There's a distinct difference between a mag running dry and you completely running out of ammo. The whole low ammo thing is bad feedback to the player. I'm not low on ammo, I just need to reload.

I think my biggest concern is that there won't be much content in the base game, and it will be monitized to fuckery. The demo seemed very insistent that all the stuff was 25 coins in the demo. What will that grow to in the final product? 250 coins? 2500 coins? 25000 coins?!?! Possibly more for some stuff? What ends up locked behind coins? Are we going to end up playing for months to unblock a basic pallet of colours? You think they would have learned not to do that from the whole "Pride and Accomplishment!" fiasco they had with unlocking the guys in SWBFII, but this is EA and EA doesn't learn too well.

I had a quick blast last night with the Interceptor in free play and did a world event type mission with a random. It turned into a fully fleshed out side quest where we went into some network of tunnels/shacks used by the bad guys I can't remember the name of.

I really like how differently the classes play and how different load-outs switch things up further. I had two colossus builds I was mucking around with - one was based on the default loadout with a rail gun and mortar, and the other was close combat focussed with an AOE shock coil and a scatter shot attack that was like a really powerful shotgun blast. Doing a shield charge knockdown, scatter shot and then unloading with a shotgun made short work of elites. 

They've announced that there are only three strongholds (strikes) available at launch so hopefully they've fleshed out the rest of it with plenty to do, and they drop content on a regular basis. 

It's the first game in ages i've stayed up until 3am playing, and I really want to play more of it. Fingers crossed it's got plenty to do in the full release and it has a strong end-game. Still - at £32 I'm confident i'm going to get more than my money's worth. And if they stick to their guns with the no season pass/cosmetics only thing i'll be more than happy to drop a couple of quid occasionally for a new helmet.

On 28/01/2019 at 00:56, Sly Reflex said:

I think my biggest concern is that there won't be much content in the base game, and it will be monitized to fuckery. The demo seemed very insistent that all the stuff was 25 coins in the demo. What will that grow to in the final product? 250 coins? 2500 coins? 25000 coins?!?! Possibly more for some stuff? What ends up locked behind coins? Are we going to end up playing for months to unblock a basic pallet of colours? You think they would have learned not to do that from the whole "Pride and Accomplishment!" fiasco they had with unlocking the guys in SWBFII, but this is EA and EA doesn't learn too well.

45o406kgaad21.png

So according to a Reddit screen grab we're looking at $20 or 40000 coins. EA/Bioware have come out and said that these are just place holders, but fuck me. 25 coins up to possibly 40000 in the final product. That's 1600 times the cost that they are in the demo. Of course this might not be a lot, it depends on how quickly coins come, but it completely wouldn't surprise me if we're looking at 40 odd hours for the top tier stuff as per the OG unlocking Darth Vader in SWBFII was.

It wouldn't surprise me if they highballed this price and then make it something like $10 so that people are placated that they lowered the prices.

What do you lot think about these prices?

I'm not sure how coins come either, but I was getting them in the VIP demo. Not a lot, I got maybe a few an hour.

I sort of think that if they're going to charge anywhere near $10 then they're taking the piss tbh, but then again we've got Acti over there charging the best part of 2 quid to put smiley face on the aiming reticule in BLOPSIV on top of the game being full price and having battle passes like Fortnite does. Does it have anymore ways to spend in it? Probably the best person to ask would be @Duck since he's played it a lot.

I'm not really against buying cosmetics. I bought cosmetics in Rocket League and had no regrets since for the few quid they're asking for you usually get a few cars, some aerials, some wheels and then different types of paint along with vinyls and some trophies to aim for. I just had a look at the steam and for one of the packs I know I bought it's £2.79. If you were to say to me, "Hey, you can buy guerrilla style pieces of armour that can be put on all the javelins, as well as colours and decals that suited those themes for 3 or 4 quid" I'd be totally fine with that, I might even just buy them depending on how I feel towards the game and any DLC it receives. But paying a fiver to have a camouflaged paint job on one mech? Fuck that for a game of soldiers. I'm not going to spend any money just out of spite of they take the piss.

They should be looking at stuff like Rocket League and Warframe and then knocking the prices they have in half, because asking for the prices those games are charging for in a £50+ game is shady as fuck to me. Also they've said that DLC will be free, but that's a loaded gun if ever I heard one. What constitutes as DLC? Putting loads of colours and trinkets to earn with coins, or buy outright with cash is shit content. When I think content I think missions and extra areas to wander about in that have interesting things to do.

I know I'm probably on my own here, but when I boot up games like Sea of Thieves and it's all about customising, when they adds new stuff I look at it and 99% of it is gash. I feel like that for every game with stuff like that. I don't really care about the skins in Overwatch. I don't really care about the gun skins in Rainbow 6 Siege. Sure there's the ones I like the look of, but if I don't get it then whatever, man.

I really miss the days in games like Halo where if you saw someone carrying the Samurai Sword or wearing specific armour you knew that person was fucking godly and you were going to be on either a steamrolling of the other team or a complete fucking because of that players skill.

Cosmetics are a weird thing, they mean different things to different people. I guess that's a discussion for it's own topic sometime.

We all knew it was coming. I'll worry about when I see it as, like with all these things, I'll just ignore it anyway. 

I'm more concerned about the base game actually having good content in whatever form. Then the future content be good enough to come back to.