passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Anthem

DisturbedSwan

• 1 month later...

Me too.

As a looter you won't know until youyr in there, past the story and into the end game grind. This may have a good story. Be a bonus to me as I'm not here for that. I want cool boss fights, great weapons and/or abilities underpinning a good combat system and hopefully some sorta proper raid type deal. 

It looks bombastic, so it's got that. What class people choosing? I'll probably wait and see what my crew pick but the Tanky one is catching my eye ??

Shopto offered me a code for £10 off preordering. 

Still not interested. None of the videos have got even a bit of excitement out of me. 

People may enjoy it. Doesn’t feel like it’s for me. And it wouldn’t surprise me that if it fails,BioWare may be the next EA casualty.

2 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Shopto offered me a code for £10 off preordering. 

Still not interested. None of the videos have got even a bit of excitement out of me. 

People may enjoy it. Doesn’t feel like it’s for me. And it wouldn’t surprise me that if it fails,BioWare may be the next EA casualty.

Same with me. Plus Destiny and Destiny 2 didn’t hold my attention for more than a hour and this looks like it’s trying to do the same thing. 

I’m worried about that with BioWare too. First Inquisition, then Andromeda and now possibly this. Could be the start of EA trying to shut them down. 

2 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

BioWare may be the next EA casualty.

Because they have no say in what they say or do and work at gun point?

Anthem looks like a pretty generic game. Like most summer blockbusters people will lap it up regardless of content.

I r hardcore gamer. Must consume to stay relevant. ...it’s ...goty,

9 months later..

it’s... in goty graveyard. 

Well,Mass Effect Andromeda was a huge disaster for Bioware. EA really isn’t known for their patience,never have been. So if Anthem does flop,two things could happen:

1-They cut their ties with EA,and go and do their own thing.

2-Due to financial losses,they go under. 

They’ve done it to countless companies before. So despite Bioware’s calibre,they can’t afford Anthem to fail,in my opinion.

Bah! Different teams worked on the other games and there's been some more comforting names attached to this. That's not to say it hasn't had a trying time in development. 

This is a the A team, or what's left of Bioware, and they know it needs to have a good start. There's an audience out their wanting this kind of game. Not a massive selection available so if it's at least half decent, it'll do well. 

I want it to do well not just for its own sake, but to provide good competition for the others. 

Some interesting info from a developers twitter AMA:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/21/18179227/anthem-gameplay-details-bioware-loot-abilities-gear-tweets

Combat looks fun and the Javelins look like they play pretty differently (one of my issues with Destiny is I never really felt any different regardless of what class I was).

One of the points in the article above which I like is how player level is tied to the pilot, not the Javelin, so you can have multiple load outs of different classes and choose what you see fit.

Also - content after launch is free without any season pass. One of my biggest gripes with Destiny is I felt they had a total disregard for my time and money. But hey - this is EA so i'm sure they'll screw it up somehow.

Anyway - it's only £32.50 - and if the Beta is shit, i'll just cancel. But i'm cautiously optimistic that this will be the third person space Diablo I want it to be.

I’m hearing that Anthem is actively destroying EA’s servers.

So I’m the guy on GAF who did the packet captures of No Man’s Sky at launch to prove it had no multiplayer.

I did packet capture on Anthem and it has the opposite problem. If it fails to connect it floods their servers trying to reconnect. They’ve created a condition where they’re DDoS themselves, and EA.

You'd think they'd be aware that the servers were going to be flooded. It's one of the most anticipated games ever. And it's always the same on day 1, the servers get crush and it fucks up the perception of the game for those that spend ages looking at a screen failing to connect.

You think they'd severely overestimate and then add some servers on top to ensure a smooth day 1 and then scale down to the appropriate number of servers once it all evens out and they're getting regular numbers.

Division 2 will probably be the same when that drops its demo in a few months time.

There’s absolutely no excuse for this these days. If your game has online functionality, you NEED to get your shit together. 

It’s not as if EA can’t afford plenty of servers. And the line that gets thrown out,year after year,is “we wasn’t expecting it to be so popular”.

A line rendered even more ridiculous now when the amount of pre-orders is often available.

Absolutely pathetic. But then it’s EA,so who didn’t see it coming a mile away.