passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wipeout Omega Collection

Chinzon

I see a couple of cheeky chappies from here playing this! 

It's essentially exactly Wipeout HD and the Fury expansion again, plus Vita's 2048, all remastered in 4k with all the bells and whistles. It looks really really sexy, but in fairness it's just Wipeout again (fine by me).

Would be nice to get some new content, but part of the reason I bought this was to hopefully show Sony that there's still an appetite for new Wipeout, and if it sells okay maybe they'll consider throwing in some DLC, or even a new game. 

So, yeah... Wipeout! 

^ yeah there was a ps2 wipeout (fusion?), it wasn't that good compared to the other ones, imo anyway.

On 6/8/2017 at 1:56 PM, Chinzon said:

part of the reason I bought this was to hopefully show Sony that there's still an appetite for new Wipeout, and if it sells okay maybe they'll consider throwing in some DLC, or even a new game. 

that's sort of why i got it too.

it's great, especially being able to play the vita version on the big screen with better analogue sticks. but with so much other stuff to play that i haven't already played, i'm not sure how much time i'll put into this.

Bought this over the weekend. They've done a cracking job with the three games - though it's coming back to me how fucking hard it is. It's almost like watching someone who's never played a game before picking up a controller and letting them loose on Gran Turismo. That's how much time i spend grinding against the walls in this. 

Been hammering 2048 - thought I was getting pretty good at it until I attempted a few online races. Jesus. And some of the 'against the clock' elite passes are crazy hard to get. That being said, it manages to tickle that 'one more go' part of the brain that had me playing the same track for 45 minutes last night. Would love to see this in 4k!

• 1 month later...

Ah right fair play ?

I trade in all the time, wouldn't be able to afford all the games I get without it to be honest, do feel a bit guilty about getting rid of games I love after I've finished them sometimes but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.