passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Full Throttle Remastered

radiofloyd

Picked this up while it was still 20% off. (It no longer is, I don't know why I'm telling you...)

ss_7e4f970efaa27bd929b2077ece19ea2220836

The game has a bunch of options allowing you to mix and match remastered visuals and audio (voices, music, sfx) with the old visuals and audio. It seems to be a recurring theme with these games but the "remastered" visuals are just awful compared to the original, at least to my eyes. It's probably subjective. I've been playing with the original graphics and remastered audio (you can change on the fly to compare). The game also has a developer commentary that you can activate manually in each room. I've listened to around five snippets so far and none of them have been very interesting. I might turn it off because the commentary automatically plays during cut scenes, and drowns out the audio in cuts-cenes which is annoying.

It's my first time playing the game and I've really enjoyed it so far. The animation in the game is beautiful, and the voice acting and music is very good. It seems to be quite a cinematic game with as many cut-scenes as there are puzzles. The game has a lot of character and the writing has been very good so far. From what I've read Full Throttle has the reputation of being "short but sweet" so I'm looking forward to playing through it.

Finished! At four hours this is one of the shorter adventure games out there. I used a guide for a lot of the game as the puzzles can involve fiddly environment interactions and making progress can be difficult. The game has a lot of positive points but I think the point at which I most liked the game was at the beginning, the first hour or so. Overall, it would probably be a 7/10 for me. I wouldn't quite put it in the company of some of my favourite games in the genre like Sam and Max Hit the Road, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, Broken Sword 1 & 2, The Longest Journey...or the recently released Thimbleweed Park.

I'm still looking forward to playing Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango though, hopefully I'll play them this year.