Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

YT Vid for those who missed the earlier stream

Vaati Sekiro preview

And Easy Allies got theirs out too

I'm quite looking forward to this coming out.

I was going to wait a few months for them to patch and polish, but I think I might go for a day one dip!

So - moral quandary.

I just about have enough to buy this at launch, HOWEVER - it's also the wife's birthday. BUT she didn't get me anything for mine a few weeks back, and i've just paid for accommodation for us in Ireland for her mates wedding in July. 

I also have a £20 off Very voucher so I can essentially get it for £30, and I do love a bargain.

To buy, or not to buy, that, is the question.

4 hours ago, Whiskey_chaser said:

So - moral quandary.

I just about have enough to buy this at launch, HOWEVER - it's also the wife's birthday. BUT she didn't get me anything for mine a few weeks back, and i've just paid for accommodation for us in Ireland for her mates wedding in July. 

I also have a £20 off Very voucher so I can essentially get it for £30, and I do love a bargain.

To buy, or not to buy, that, is the question.

Buy it.

I’ve been largely keeping away from too much footage but I watched that and just put the fucking thing inside me. Sideways. 

I watched a few minutes of it but then it got into spoilery territory so I turned it off. 

Not long til Friday 

I just went to have a look at the theme that came with it, and even that is on a timer till midnight!

I’m expecting massive frustration as I always get at the beginning of their games. This time even more so, due to the lack of co-op and a load of hardcore Souls players got flown out to Japan to try it and came back going, “nope!”.

I suspect that I’ll get totally wrecked because combat seems to have emphasis on parrying, which I’ve historically been terrible at.

I’m hoping there’s not TOO much emphasis on stealth as well.

I’m so excited for this! 

Going to Brighton tomorrow till the early evening, then I’m gonna watch the Motley Crue movie when I get back, but I’ll be playing from breakfast till bedtime on Saturday.

The reason a lot of the Souls YouTuber’s were noping out is because they were trying to play it like a Souls game. A few have said people who aren’t so deep in the Souls games as they are will probably have an easier time with it because they won’t be fighting muscle memory. 

Either way, I can’t wait. 

I haven't been watching previews but I hope this is a break in the formula. Miyazaki games are my favourite unnofficial "series" of games the last few years but DS3 felt played out a bit. Hopefully the dropping of RPG and focus on verticality makes for something that feels really new

I'll be skipping it at launch tho, will pick it up later.