Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

The penalty for death better be significant. I'm glad corpse runs are gone as they are rubbish and ruined parts of DSII. But I hope this isn't like Bioshock or something

Everything else sounds excellent.

I like corpse runs! It’s what makes those games truly terrifying to me - the knowledge that you could easily lose hours of progress and forces you to not get greedy.

I’m glad there’s some progression in there, but I’d play it regardless of whichever direction they went with. The proof of the pudding will be the level design and how it feels to play, for me.

I guess what I really mean is boss corpse runs. When they put a gauntlet of BS in your way before a boss and make you do it 50 times.

DSII is really bad for this. I never beat Blue Smelter Demon cause of it. Not cause the boss was hard, but cause the run up to it was really difficult and annoying.

18 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

DSII is really bad for this. I never beat Blue Smelter Demon cause of it. Not cause the boss was hard, but cause the run up to it was really difficult and annoying.

Just defeat the enemies preceeding a boss 12 times and voila...the bonfire placement in DS2 was pretty good for easily getting to boss doors too from memory.

Grinding out enemies until they despawn isn't a good design solution.

Look up blue smelter demon run. Or the run to Sir Alonne. They are harder than the bosses they are guarding.

In other news: Water is wet and Brexit is a terrible idea. 

1 minute ago, RikSP said:

In other news: Water isn’t wet and Brexit is a terrible idea. 

Water isn't wet? 😕