passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

DisturbedSwan

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

New rumour/leak from ERA

All I will say is from all the evidence and from an angle that I can't fully speculate anymore is that it's not called Kuon 2, but yeah, it's Kuon 2 basically.

I know a lot of people want it to be Bloodborne, but there's a lot of readily available information out there to show it's not, from the words of Miyazaki himself to a confirmed insider here on ResetEra directly saying it isn't. I know people want to believe, but when you're plugging your ears and not listening to the creator of the series and a confirmed insider, you're just dreaming then.

I know Kuon will seem like a stretch to some people, and that's fine. But I will say it's... I'll choose the words 'very probably,' though I want to say more, that it's a new entry to Kuon how Demon Soul's was a new entry to King's Field essentially.

I really shouldn't probably say anything, and I can't really prove I know anything, but I had two different discussions with two different people at two very different perods of time who both essentially told me the same thing; it's an open world game with very strong horror elements set in ancient Japan that's essentially a reimagining of Kuon.

• 2 months later...

I googled the meaning of the word Kuon. 

The game’s kanji is 九怨 which means “nine grudges”.

The Wikipedia page says 九怨 (Eternity). If you google “kuon” in Japanese, the word eternity will come up (久遠) which is usually read as “kyuuen”  but as you can see the kanji are totally different.

Maybe the person who wrote the Wikipedia page simply googled the word without checking the kanji.

However on top of that, there is also a kanji 仇 (meaning enemy, revenge, grudge, fued etc apparently) which really resembles the 九  meaning “nine”, so I’m not sure if 九怨 or 仇怨 is the correct title.

I’ll have to investigate further....

Edit: According to the Japanese Wikipedia page:

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/九怨

The title is definitely 九怨.which means “nine grudges”, so I think the translation of “Eternity” on the English Wikipedia page is a mistake.

6 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

I googled the meaning of the word Kuon. 

The game’s kanji is 九怨 which means “nine grudges”.

The Wikipedia page says 九怨 (Eternity). If you google “kuon” in Japanese, the word eternity will come up (久遠) which is usually read as “kyuuen”  but as you can see the kanji are totally different.

Maybe the person who wrote the Wikipedia page simply googled the word without checking the kanji.

However on top of that, there is also a kanji 仇 (meaning enemy, revenge, grudge, fued etc apparently) which really resembles the 九  meaning “nine”, so I’m not sure if 九怨 or 仇怨 is the correct title.

I’ll have to investigate further....

Edit: According to the Japanese Wikipedia page:

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/九怨

The title is definitely 九怨.which means “nine grudges”, so I think the translation of “Eternity” on the English Wikipedia page is a mistake.

how many grudges is Juon? One?

Haha, good question! Juon is 呪怨 in Japanese, so it has the same kanji for grudge. But 呪 is not a number, it means spell or curse etc. So I guess it’s like “vengeful curse” or something.

As far as I can see it’s just a word they made up for that movie (the same as 九怨).

Looks beautiful.

Since nobody asked, the characters for Sekiro (隻狼), the character on the left means some kind of vessel, it also means one of a pair. The character on the right means wolf, on its own it’s read as Okami.