passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wii U - Top 5?

Manicm

Not sure the Wii U had enough to make a top 10? or I didn't play enough games on it but thought as its coming towards the end of its gaming life what did we think about the Wii U now the end has come?

I've said before I didn't realise how childish the pad looked until I saw it compared to the new switch. The actual GUI I thought was pretty good, it was pretty handy to flip screens between the tv and the pad and I never had any issues with this, although I would preferred the range to be slightly further or use wifi network in the house maybe instead of its own connection. The internal memory is poor and lead me to not really use the e-shop much, I did downloaded Fast Racing Neo which I was pretty good and I have Zelda Wind Waker as a download as it came with the console, I know the additional joypad got some bad reviews but for me it was fairy solid and did the job, would be tempting to say I thought it was better than an xbox controller.

Top 5 games:

Mario Kart 8

Splatoon

Neo Racing

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Games I own but on the backlog:

Pikmin 3 yep I know criminal let I that this pass me.

Xenoblade Chronicle X

Zelda Twilight Princess - Remake

Biggest Disappointment:

Apart from not enough games but Smash Bro's, really no singleplayer story mode just killed the game off for me.

I know the console was a disappointment but could of been so much more, but time for the switch to take over and hopefully improve the fortunes of the Nintendo home console.

In no particular order:

Super Smash Bros.

Mario Kart 8

Pikmin 3

Splatoon

Zelda : Wind Waker

Captain Toad

Zombi U

Super Mario 3D World

Super Mario Maker

Bayonetta 1/2

That's a pretty good list of 10 (11 if combining both Bayonettas.

I never picked up Donkey Kong, which is a shame.

0: Devil's Third

1: Splatoon

2: Mario Kart 8

3: Super Mario 3D World

4: Bayonetta 2

5: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

I think not putting Super Mario Maker in this post somewhere is also disingenuous so it's getting a special shout.

I wish the Wii U had more Wii-like oddballs, if anything.  I have The Wonderful 101 here I've still not played, I guess that could be one (might do that before Switch day (though I may have plenty of time after Switch day Haw Haw)).  I'm also debating on paying some silly money for Tokyo Mirage Sessions while it's still out in the wild.

I think I just wish Treasure put something on it.

I had forgotten about Mario maker, probably because it's sat in my to play shelf, still sealed with the amiibo it came with.

Since the Switch announcement I will admit I've been looking around for Wii U games I might of missed the Luigi version of Mario U game and a few others but they seem in short supply or not even available, so ether Nintendo got this right or they just sold out of titles early on, I was a late wii u buyer, got mine 2 years in.

When I think about it, the biggest mistake Nintendo had was becoming the "other" console under the tele, the SNES and Cube days for me they were the primary consoles and both had great games, the Wii was a double edged sword it sold in the bucket load but became a lost toy at the end of its life and the wii u just didn't build on this as well as perhaps it should of.

Yeah, the physical version of NSMBU + Luigi U is really hard to come by. It was just a pack-in for the longest time but I think you can only buy it separately as a Nintendo Selects copy. 

I think if you just need Luigi U then you might end up paying more than the double pack. 

Yep Luigi U is listed as £99 in places, might dig out the wii u and download a few bits, physical copies of certain games seem in very short supply or sold out. Was hoping someone would throw something different in the mix but shows how limited the console was or how great the top 5 games where!

you know what, I'm really struggling with this. I've got a lot of affection for the WiiU, and I went through a spell where I seemed to be playing it fairly regularly, but as I look at my games I'm not entirely sure why or what I was playing

Bayonetta 2 is amazing

Super Mario 3D World is amazing

I'm amazing but I'm not a game

after than, I liked New Super Mario Bros U

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a worse Persona, so a much worse Shin Megami, but it's not terrible

Smash Bros has the Street Fighter 5 problem of being mechanically fine but a disappointment as a package

Sonic Racing Transformed is solid, bit of a chore at the end

I think I really liked Wonderful 101 but I didn't play anything like enough of it

I think I'll really like Splatoon, I really liked the Beta, but I've not played the actual game yet

I think I'll really like Captain Toad but I only played the first world

I did like Rodea the Sky Soldier, but again, I probably didn't even get halfway

There's a port of Gunman Clive which is great, and there was a Pokemon game that had amiibos before they were amiibos that I played a lot of but would stop short of saying was actually any good, it is compulsive

Everything else I own I've either not got around to playing or it's just not very good (Yoshi, Spintercell, Hyrule (is alright))

I agree my wii u backlog as a percentage is stupid, it suffered being the second or third wheel, games purchased yet very few played, I've got a few games just haven't started, xenoblade, batman, just remembered ed gave me a code for a game I need to download as well! Must be 20% played and 0% completion on the wii u. 

One game not mentioned Star Fox, for me the controls just let it down which was a pity as when it worked it was awesome but when it didn't, terrible game!

It's games like Star Fox Zero that make me so fond of the Wii U.  It's far, far from the best game in the world and I wouldn't even call it a must play for Wii U owners but where else can I play something as daft as that?  The game kinda rules and there is nothing else out there like it on other systems.  I think if I had real life buddies as weird as me I would put Nintendo Land in the same category as Star Fox.  I really like the eccentricities of the Wii U, like I'm even wondering if Splatoon 2 will quite have the sparkle of the original without the duel screen factor.

It's a special wee thing is the Wii U, and I'm definitely gonna try to avoid getting rid of it.  She's a keeper.