passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel's Avengers

DisturbedSwan

14 hours ago, OCH said:

You know you're out of the loop when you question why they don't just release a finished game, instead of faffing around with betas?

Betas allow them to fix possible issues with the net code before release in theory. 

The way Nioh’s Alpha/Betas worked where they slowly gathered more info about issues and what players liked over 6 months/a year before release is how it should be done.

They can still change things for launch with these betas though but with the time they’ve given themselves it’ll be minor things. Unless all people who play the beta find it utterly dogshite of course then the release date might be pushed.

5 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Betas allow them to fix possible issues with the net code before release in theory. 

I thought that is what QA testers were for??‍♂️

I don't know if QA can do things like simulate what things will be like when server capacity is high, lots of ppl logged in and stuff. Tho my cynical take on these pre-order betas is a lot of the time they are just an incentive to buy the game rather than it identity and fix bugs/performance issues. Otherwise they'd open it to way more people, like was recently done with Halo 3's beta on PC

edit, nevermind there is also an open beta later on

1 hour ago, OCH said:

I thought that is what QA testers were for??‍♂️

QA testers can’t simulate thousands of people being on the network and stressing it for the first time to see if it copes. That’s largely the point of these betas in game’s like this along with any bugs, performance issues etc. They may of missed along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

War Table 2

Not much to learn from this. They detail the Beta and announced Hawkeye as the first post launch character. Last month the War Table got me jazzed because it was the first time really seeing it. This hasn’t done anything to increase that, it looks very much the same. Run around and break stuff.

The game looks very janky but I think it could be a fun game if you got a party to play with. I think Black Widow looks like the most interesting character to play. She is agile and acrobatic and it looks cooler than Hulk just smashing stuff. 

Looked slightly better this time around, but maybe that's just because they showed more diverse settings.

Gameplay-wise I think Kamala looks the most fun but again this could just be explained by the visuals and her stretchy big limbs looking funny in motion.

Still not a fan of the entire concept of this but I will try out the beta.

I was watching Max talk about this and he made a good point that the dark gritty artstyle doesn't really suit characters that are specifically designed to 'pop' off comic book pages.

As he spoke that there was some footage of a grey iron man flying around some snowy environments and stretch armstrong lady in some really dark location. Needs more colour.