passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Potential new website questions

DisturbedSwan

Hi all,

Been thinking about creating a website to post my reviews/gaming diaries on for quite some time now.

Just wanted to know how difficult it would be to create a website like Jimquisition or Let's Play Video Games, I believe they're both WordPress templates? Would this be an easy thing to setup?

Depends on how much you want to pay. I'd going with something like square space. It's all browser based and there is no real coding needed (if you don't want to). There are codes for discounts online as well and it's a piece of piss to use. 

If you don't want to pay that much you can buy a domain (Blakey-critic.com obvs) and sling me a few quid to host it on my hosting package. I can auto install Wordpress and you could find and change your themes. 

If you wanted to have your own hosting I'd recommend dreamhost. Normally you get the first year pretty much for free and if you use my referral it'll lower our hosting costs here as well. 

Cheers for the recommendations guys, never heard of Squarespace before I have to say, looked into this about the same time last year and just found GoDaddy, Wix and Wordpress really so it's good to find another website host/builder.

They seem great and I've found a template I like already, works out $20 a month billed annually (or $26 a month billed monthly) for a 'business' website which will allow me to post an unlimited amount of posts, then another $20 a year for my chosen domain name which seems reasonable.

They even allow you to create a logo on there which I found really handy :D 

I'll need to tot up how much everything will cost yearly and see if it'll be better to go down the domain-buying Jim hosting/wordpress installing route instead.