passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yakuza news

radiofloyd

• 2 weeks later...

First Yakuza title except PSP games I wont be getting on or before European Launch day.

Bit of a smack in the face as a loyal supporter of the franchise having to wait for the physical version of PS5 release.

That being said with the change in direction of game, I'm no overly bent out of shape about it.

Still not convinced I want my Yakuza games being turn based.

On plus side will save me some momey till March ?

I'm actually looking forward to the change of style. The original template already started to grow old during Y4 for me personally, so I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. I've actually wanted a JRPG in a "realistic" setting like this for quite a while.

Colm from the very good RPS PC Gaming Week Spot has played this and they showed a load of his footage in the background. 

It's actually got me excited for it. There's some use of crawfish that is hilarious. They've really moved the mini games on this time too. You've even got a Mario Kart clone 

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what the new "default" resolution will be. This generation it was 1080p and then games scaled back accordingly when necessary (either with dynamic resolutions or a fixed 900p). And of course if developer will actually put in extra effort for 1080p resolutions. There's a good chance that those dedicated performance modes will disappear after a while or be exclusive to a certain games of AAA standards, meaning that whatever you play on a 1080 screen will have the same performance as it does in 4K.

Edit: you won't get 60fps for every game you'll ever play on Series S, that much is certain.

I'm not really angry. ?

But I don't really think that's good advice you're giving there. The XSS has already been shown to seriously outperform the one (frame rate wise) on games optimized for it. And frame rate is where I'm at for next gen.

Having said that I'd probably select 1080p/30 for a turn based game.

1 hour ago, bellow said:

The XSS has already been shown to seriously outperform the one (frame rate wise) on games optimized for it.

Not only that but One X is current-gen and Series S is, no matter how you slice it, next-gen. Series S will always play One games and Series S games whereas One X will obviously only play One games. It'd be a completely redundant purchase so close to next-gen.

For the record I want to add that those Xbox names are horrible when you try to incorporate more than one model in a sentence.

1 hour ago, bellow said:

But I don't really think that's good advice you're giving there. The XSS has already been shown to seriously outperform the one (frame rate wise) on games optimized for it. And frame rate is where I'm at for next gen.

Having said that I'd probably select 1080p/30 for a turn based game.

That's fair enough. ?