passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy XV

Sambob

38 minutes ago, Craymen Edge said:

It started as Final Fantasy Versus XII intended for PS3. Six years after announcement it was changed to FFXV, changed producers, got re-written, and then took another 4 years of development to finish.

You can tell!

I've just done the massive leviathan sequence in this, which is probably the most spectacular part of the full game. 

It's still large scale in the pocket edition, although it's a lot easier to see what's going on as everything's simplified visually.

I'm pretty much  romping thru this, though. The original took me months to get thru, while this is weeks at best. Still feels as much a final fantasy game as the original. So not much, really.

I like it, though. 

Finished this today. Weird that they did this pocket edition but I quite liked it. Still just as obtuse to follow in the story department, though. I mean what the hell is going on at the end..

Spoiler

Noctis seems to die in order to kill the baddie, then reappears at the campfire with his crew for that stilted cutscene, then on the throne with a resurrected Luna, then they both seem to nod off. 

Who wrote this garbage.

I suppose you have to forgive it on one level. You can't really play games like this for a coherent story experience.

• 5 months later...

I started this tonight for the very first time and was going to write about it but I really don’t think it warrants it. Short version is I got 56 minutes in + the tutorial and *long exhausted exhale* its really bad. 

I’m trying not to be hyperbolic but every sentence I try to write ends with or includes words like disgust, abomination and laughable and it’s just not worth writing.

No wonder they’ve resorted to remakes of the good ones if this is all they have left today. Reboot it or shoot it, this thing is over. 

I wonder if FFVII remake is just a secret Versus XIII remake

Versus XIII was supposed to be a trilogy and the first part was supposed to take place entirely in Insomnia.

Anyway I don't know why you're in such a rush to play all the video games ever made for five minutes to get the fastest, hottest take on them. Why not just slow down and play one of them ?

I hear FFXIV is very good

Kingsglaive is hot trash. Nice visuals, but everything else is rubbish.

I was sent a screener to review and after watching it I couldn't bring myself to write anything about it so I just ignored Sony until they went away. 

I loved it @RikSP. Went in with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised, as a film it’s not amazing or anything but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

You need to watch it though if you’re playing FFXV because otherwise it feels like you’re half way through the story at the beginning of the game I’d imagine.

You can get away with ignoring Kingsglaive until Galdin Quay. That way if you're not digging the game you don't have to sit through 2 hours of the dictionary definition of middling. 

I know I was being OTT and the game is probably fine. But for whatever reason the game just made me mad and sleepy and before I could get through the first hour I was done. I should probably give it a second chance with a fresh head.

And I’m not playing games to have hot takes it’s just E3 got me really jazzed for games again and I have so many lying around I was like fuck it. I want to play everything, even I don’t complete anything.

1 hour 16 into this and I'm bored as fuck.

It's super slow and clunky, and I'm already fed up with the repeated lines of dialogue they keep spouting. 

Combat seems messy and random too, and for the most part may as well be automated.

I think my gaming tastes have reached a point where I just want Nomura to fuck off.

14 minutes ago, RikSP said:

1 hour 16 into this and I'm bored as fuck.

It's super slow and clunky, and I'm already fed up with the repeated lines of dialogue they keep spouting. 

Combat seems messy and random too, and for the most part may as well be automated.

I think my gaming tastes have reached a point where I just want Nomura to fuck off.

Yup. I know I only played an hour but I disliked pretty much everything. Because it’s a 4 year old game it didn’t even look that impressive. 

Additionally whoever has been designing these characters since FFX needs to be fired also.

Nomura's gotten better in the last few years. XV's characters aren't so bad. They have a sensible number of belts and wear normalish clothes

Also I genuinely like the older version of Noctis with the whisps of grey in his hair. I wish more JRPG pretty boys would get that treatment

The mid 2000s were a very dark time to be a square fan

latest?cb=20100525203230

No, they still suck. They look like they should be in a fashion show or on a catwalk or something. I guess there’s kind of a fine line between cool JRPG character and boy band member but they’re falling on the wrong side of it 

I genuinely believe they should reboot the whole thing and just call the next Final Fantasy. I know each game is singular and reinvents itself and all this stuff, but the games continually just get further and further away from what I think makes this series what people know it for.  They need to get back to actual fantasy and stuff. Why the fuck are there cars?