passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon Quest Builders

DANGERMAN

Anyone else tried this? There's a demo up on psn 

It's actually pretty good so far. It's Minecraft but Minecraft if it was directed. So you hit blocks to gather materials but you have to build certain buildings to attract villagers, who will then perform roles in your town. I'm not entirely sure what yet, I've just got my second villager but I'm not sure what the other one was up to while I was out. 

And by 'out' I mean wandering the game world completing a quest. This also doubles as an excuse to smack the shit out of some monsters and collect some materials. 

Eventually, so I'm led to believe, you have to defend your town from monster attacks. I'm not up to that yet, but I've got to say I'm impressed by how much this isn't just a Dragon Quest reskin of Minecraft 

Finished the demo this morning after not playing it since my first post. There wasn't a huge amount left, and you could argue that it ends before it gets going, but then it is a demo and it did convince me to put in a preorder, so there's that

The demo ends with your village being attacked by monsters. When I heard about this I thought there'd be fortifications involved, and maybe there will be in the full game, but it was really just a case of some skeletons climbing over my walls and me and my villagers hitting them with sticks

maybe, I can definitely see the appeal of turning the screen off and walking away for 20 minutes or so. I know you can do that with the PS4, but it's something the handhelds lend themselves to better. The screen might be a bit small for laying out blocks but I've not seen too many complaints, but then Vita fans tend not to criticise the Vita so who knows

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...