passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

No Man's Sky

Whiskey_chaser

Had a couple of aborted attempts at this last night.

They’ve completely changed the start so I got very confused as to where my ship was and both starting planets I tried were insanely harsh. One dead hot, one dead cold. I wiped both those saves and started again and got a mid temperature planet. Bonus!

Except that it was a radiation filled hell-hole.

Went back to my old save and didn’t have a clue what I was doing.

So today I restarted yet again and this time paid more attention to the new tutorial and fairly quickly got my ship repaired, blasted off the planet and now have the terrain changing tool.

It’s remarkable how far it’s come and you have to give them credit for sticking with it, considering how demoralising the fallout must’ve been.

I played a couple of hours as well. My first planet was a frozen wasteland and my second was toxic so it must be set up that way to give a sense of urgency? I now have a wooden shed on said toxic hell hole, which I've dubbed 'Milton Keynes'. 

It looks absolutely stunning, and I love how you can now fly low and crash into things. I donned my headphones, put my playlist on and then spent half an hour skimming a planet surface completely zoned out. 

Made some more progress today. Joined a random on their planet which they have named Tabula Rasa.

Built myself a base and am currently farming asteroids to get enough money to buy some stuff for the story path.

I think it’s safe to say it’s now the game that was initially promised.

On release it was a flimsy Steam Early Access game. A year later it was more what should’ve been released. This is now what we hoped it would be. 

Any Elite players will no doubt be unimpressed by how simplistic this is in comparison, but this is now a great space game. I’d love to see NoClip film that story and get it out there.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Any Elite players will no doubt be unimpressed by how simplistic this is in comparison, but this is now a great space game.

Very different markets I think. One is leaning more to a simulation while the other is more arcade based. It really depends what you're looking for in a game. 

Made a bit more progress.

Warped a few times but fancied going back to my base so jumped in a warp station on a space station which took me back.

Tidied up the outside of the base with wooden floors, so you now don’t have to jump about a bit to get in the door, due to the uneven surface by the doorway.

Built myself a warp in the base, renamed the planet to Planet Hendo, which is a little odd as I’m sure the guy who’s game I jumped into had claimed it for himself.

Made myself a blaster and improved the life support.

Now I need to craft an oxygen filter, which is proving to be difficult. I have the components but it’s not showing up in my crafting menu, so I think I have to find the blueprint, but nowhere I’ve looked has had it.

I’ve also put some farming gear outside my base but so far it has done nowt. No idea if it’s gonna grow stuff or if my planet isn’t suitable.

Made some good progress in this today.

Doing some missions for the Gek to get my standing up with them for a story mission and got a call in space for help against pirates.

Shot the fuckers down and the captain of the freighter just gave me it! I assumed you had to grind to buy one, but nope, now I own a freighter.

One of the missions was to scan minerals, and as my base was on someone else’s planet that had already scanned everything, I went looking for a planet no-one had claimed.

The very first one I find is basically paradise.

No crazy temperature and no radiation. I’m sure something bad will appear there soon.

So I’ve started building a second base there, and now I can warp between the two quite easily.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...