passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

No Man's Sky

Whiskey_chaser

Just starting to 'get' this now as the mechanics are beginning to click. Pottered about the same planet I started on and still finding areas to go to. Plans for the hyperdrive have unlocked now and using the beacon to find main areas to search for is clearly useful. Been using the ship to cover more if the planet too instead of running/jet pack boasting everywhere.  Loving the atmosphere and lack of direction,  allowing you to take the game at your own pace. It did crash for the first time for me and lost about 45mins of progress. Save where you can, guys, save where you can.....

Didn't play this for a few days, and went back to exploring my system, only to find a plant i scanned had been discovered by someone else!? I felt violated. Seems the planets in the next system had been discovered by someone else as well. Not sure how i feel about the whole thing to be honest - this is MY part of space. 

Did manage to make ab absolute killing on the space station though - turns out if you see a star next to stuff on the galactic exchange, they buy it for double it's cost. I then sat around waiting for ships to arrive to buy expensive drive parts at standard price, to go and sell them for massive profit. I made over a million in about fifteen minutes.

Here's my first update in a while.

Spent an extraordinary time on one planet, probably could've 100% it but decided instead to finally move forward.

Went to my third system and got some more notices from Atlas but still haven't got an Atlas pass yet. Am I meant to find it or craft it?

I have upgraded my ability to be in hot planets, cold planets and radioactive planets. Plus swim a fair bit.

In more surprising news to pretty much anyone else playing it, I'm still on my first ship. I've still not had the money to buy a better one, and to be honest, I'm more interested in improving the things I use a lot and could be better, like the scanner recharge and distance, and my inventory slots.

I'm not sure how long I'll play for as I found out today what the centre of the galaxy really holds.

So, you just start all over again. :mellow:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this again recently after the second big update. Have to say i'm enjoying my time with it - the base building seems really well implemented, and i'm currently scavenging the bits I need to build a land vehicle which should make exploring the planets a little more fun.

Had some larger space battles as well and the whole game just seems to look nicer - some of the planets seem far more vibrant and diverse. First new planet I landed on had some sort of massive t-rex as well.

Good on Hello Games for putting the effort into getting things fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably pumped close to ten hours in this over the last few days - really liking it. Everything's been tweaked and improved upon since launch. The base building (usually a mechanic I hate in games - looking at you Fallout 4) is really well done. It's like a big, chunky lego set. Managed to get my rover last night as well which takes a lot of ball ache out of exploring planets.

Also found an absolutely gorgeous planet - spent a good hour just wandering around taking photo's. It's the perfect game to just zone out on - even made a Spotify soundtrack to play it with (as good as the 65 days one is - just fancied a bit of a change)...

• 3 months later...

Made some more progress in my new save.

The mission objective stuff is handled a bit clearer now though my current objective seems to be broken as it's telling me to go to this monolith structure which I've spoken to and won't give me anything but the waypoint still wants me to go there.

I'd forgotten how relaxing this is, even when you're in combat.

I've warped a few times now.

Found a planet that made dollar signs appear in my head as it's apparently flush with gold. But it's also deadly toxic and too hot.

• 11 months later...

So the new update is gonna be a huge one.

Multiplayer
- Team-up with a small group of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.

Visual overhaul
- The game is fully playable in third- or first- person, both on-foot and in ship.
- Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
- Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
- Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.

Unlimited base building
- Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
- Dramatically increased base-building complexity and size limits.
- Hundreds of new base parts.
- Own multiple bases.

Command freighters
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
- Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
- Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commission Station on your bridge