passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Death Stranding

DisturbedSwan

I am more worried about it review-wise than I was previously due to couple of the negative impressions coming out but it’s still too early to glean anything definitive from them apart from Dan from GB probably didn’t like it and a few others have said the first 10 hours are super slow and boring. (Sorry I bit your head off a bit before by the way @one-armed dwarf).

In my mind it was a nailed on 90+ GOTY contender but recent impressions have me thinking it could go so low as 78+ possibly. I had these doubts close to the review embargo’s of Horizon and GoW though and I was ultimately worrying for nothing.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all good

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

I am interested in what this ends up being but I just think it will end up being one of those games I admire and not enjoy, like rdr2

I dont think scores are super meaningful for games like this though that require massive investment. Eg, dan at GB wont be reviewing this if he cant even finish it.

I'm still really curious about it but I've seen nothing that makes it look good. I'm not surprised Dan doesn't like it and I'm not sure I'm looking forward to him bringing it up every week. At the same time though I could totally have seen him twisting himself in to liking it 

If it wasn't so long I think I'd be tempted to give it a go 

Here’s a surprisingly open interview with Reedus about the game. He talks about why he got involved, what it was like working with Hideo and I guess he is going to dance with Madsmikkelson at some point? Also it took 3 years and a 100 sessions apparently. That is way more commitment than I expected. 

Thought he gave up on it @one-armed dwarf?

There have been a few hype tweets the nearer we’ve got to the review embargo so things are looking way more positive than they were previously. Skill Up seems to love it and he’s one of the best reviewers out there for me. 

Be interesting to see where the MC Average lands, I’m genuinely excited for the reviews tomorrow ?