MFGamers

Death Stranding

DisturbedSwan

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nag said:

There's plenty of walking around and not much else... 

I'll probably buy it in any case, my PS4 is mainly for their exclusives...

You can see him shooting people at one point, others he builds a grapple point and bridge, others he's riding a bike and dodging enemies in cars, others he's dodging enemies and then engaging them in CQC, another scene he's using the echo thingabobby to avoid the ghost thingys.

9 minutes ago, Nag said:

I was going to pre-order, then I went on to the ShopTo site, fucking hell... What have they done to it, it's terrible.

It's always been shit.

So this game then? It's like being a postman? Except with more Kojima to it than the Kevin Costsner's film?

I'm getting more of an rdr2 thing off this. It won't be for me at all I feel.

I can get into a very style driven game by an auteur who thinks he has a lot to say... but only when it's something that's really focused. If it's open world I just get annoyed way too fast. As was the case with mgsv as well.

Rik is feeling that phantom pain now I'm sure

I believe it’s already been said it’s open world. 

I got got tired of MGSV after awhile too but a similar formula plus a compelling complete story would be cool for me. I hope it’s more MGS2 than MGSV though in its mechanics and approach to stealth, I really don’t want identikit camps dotted over the map with the same enemies and hardly changing objectives. 

I guess if the story missions are good and different enough that alleviates that though (they just weren’t there in MGSV for me) but yeah, we’ll wait and see. The press will get to play it at E3 I’d imagine.

it's too early to judge the game, or the gameplay, based on that trailer, but I will say that if it was out next week I wouldn't be buying it.

Hopefully it comes together, I want it to be good and I want to experience the weirdness, but it's not looking for me atm

A little more info from the PS Blog here:

In the near future, mysterious explosions have rocked the globe, setting off a series of supernatural events known as the Death Stranding. With otherworldly creatures plaguing the landscape, and mass extinction imminent, it’s up to Sam Porter Bridges to travel across the ravaged wasteland and save humanity from impending annihilation. 

Face unique challenges

Arm yourself and take aim at a variety of objectives in your mission to reunite a broken nation, while balancing under the weight of your cargo as you travel. Protect your supplies from wild bandits, and stay safe from the terrifying Beached Things… or face failing those who depend on you.

Explore the world

The Decima Engine renders a hyper-realistic landscape utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Unpassable obstacles block your path and force you to find different routes, while supernatural elements alter the physical state of your surroundings. 

Death is not the end

There is no traditional ‘game over’ state in Death Stranding. Lose your life during combat and you’ll find yourself in an upside-down realm, searching for a way back to the living. Choose your combat methods carefully, as killing your foe is almost never the solution – and every death carries a consequence.

Assist other players

Help other travellers without ever crossing paths via asynchronous online gameplay. Send supplies, share safe houses and walk in the footsteps of fellow couriers to reunite civilisation.

On 29/05/2019 at 17:27, Blakey said:

Personally, in an age where we get spoon fed every minute detail of a game between launch I like a bit of mystique. 

10 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Every detail of the game I can find. 

• 2 weeks later...

While I was watching all the E3 stuff on my tv today I finally watched this. I loved it.  I’ve enjoyed every trailer I’ve seen for this game so far. Looks cinematic, balls to the wall crazy. Better than anything I’ve see at E3 so far.

• 1 month later...