MFGamers

Death Stranding

DisturbedSwan

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Craymen Edge said:

Anyone else really struggling to make sense of that grammar above?

I got the impression that the leaker dude was quickly trying to bash it out in a toilet cubicle before they forgot the details.

• 1 year later...

You can just jump off cliffs for free and have a motorbike in zone 1 what 

This is messing with my mind are they trampling the point of the original release, did they wake up the morning after and go “no what did we do”, or did they say fuck it lets just make them happy I dunno this is so weird 

I posted it in the impressions thread, well I guess I put my impressions of both the trailer and informed impressions of the game

Basically it's MGS2: Substance, remember how it had skateboarding in it. But wasn't a skateboarding game

Here they seem to be going a bit harder though, I've seen lots of comments from people going 'wow, not what I thought this game was def going to pick it up' 🤣

Hover pack would be fine if it ended up being pretty constrained. Like I think all of that new tech would fit in fine into the game if it pulled off a global battery resource or something. MGS games have had things like that for some of the technology snake uses to sneak around.

The thing that got really boring for me was all the ziplines stuff cause it reduced the game loop into a single thing of just setting up ziplines everywhere. But having some other 'OP' options could at least relieve the zipline malaise a bit, again provided that it's put in with some relative constraint and not just trying to turn it into a regular open world game. Cause DS was notable for being unconventional and maybe even slightly opposed to the very idea of open world fun.

The thing about ziplines is they only really come in to play in the back quarter of the game. Maybe back third. So by that time you've seen all the zones and the walking and the struggle wears thin. The ziplines are the video game equivalent of the BFG in a way. Here is the big reward. Boom.

But it's a pay off. It comes after the struggle and hardships. In this there are motorbikes and hover packs in zone 1. Unless that is endgame footage being used in an early zone than what the fuck.

I hate myself for saying this but it makes me want to try it...

Seems like Kojima and Konami are friendly again? That's good news as well I suppose.