passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Death Stranding

DisturbedSwan

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean if it is a horror game well then that's actually cool. 

It could be like Dragon's Dogma. Don't go out at night cause there's a real sense of danger and spooookinesss.

But the text is just pure hype from what I see. Nightmares and trauma, lol

Reminds me though about the Exorcist, the RLM video I posted in the horror thread has a bunch of clips of people seeing the Exorcist for the first time and fainting and crying. It's really funny to think now that that film actually got that kind of reaction. So who knows?

One of the best games in the history of video games

https://www.resetera.com/threads/reviewer-death-stranding-is-by-far-one-of-the-best-games-ever-made-in-the-history-of-video-games-kojimas-masterpiece-is-not-for-everyone.147824/

It serves this more serious (and provocative) introduction to declare that after we jump into Death Stranding analysis, while we may not reveal anything at all for now, we already have a roughly defined idea - it's by far one of the best games ever made in the history of video games.

RDR2 is one of the best games of the last 20 years so if he though that was bad and this is good and they’re similar this will be one of the best games for the next 20 years, logically speaking

However Dan is also a fucking moron who has a perpetual hard on for anything with the name Kojima on it

The case currently remains open ?️‍ 

He also said it's been a weak year for games. It kind of comes across on the pod that Dan has sort of made his mind up on it tbh and hasn't really taken to it, even when trying to avoid mentioning anything about it (he's pretty bad at this NDA stuff). But based on the sort of game they've shown it as that it is completely unsurprising tbh.

Inb4 'but Giantbomb blah blah', I'm not trying to bait anyone. Just these are maybe the first hints of how people will react to the game when it comes out. I'm guessing the split in opinions will be a lot like RDR2.

It would be pretty weird to get another game like that just 12 months later tho. A big, excessive, polarising open world 'masterpiece' (depending on PoV) 

Giant Bomb or not I don’t think it’s really worth interpreting vague meanderings of an NDA’d game in a podcast. You have your view that this is gonna be shit @one-armed dwarf so are just reading into things to try to validate your own view. We all do it, I’m guilty of it too.

Whether DS is good or not, it’ll still of been a weak year for games. 

Worth mentioning that the critics were unanimous in their praise for RDR2, it’s the gaming public that were split on that.

Whether the critical consensus for this is divisive or not, whether the gaming public consensus is split or not, I wanna play it for myself instead of relying on second hand info so I’ll be there day 1 to play it myself ?.

Why is this thread a minefield? Watch this look

@Blakey I think this game is going to be fucking miserable and will only appeal to the pretentious and try-hard

See @dwarf Blakey don’t mind 

I dance these mines like it was DDR

On 18/10/2019 at 14:53, one-armed dwarf said:

Beastcast talking around Death Stranding embargo this week, trying to parse Dan's thoughts on it ?️‍♂️

He says he was maybe too hard on RDR2, which makes me feel that DS made him see that in a new light. Which could be good or bad.

I'm not a very good detective, @Maf can you help me out here.

I think the general consensus is that seeing how he said RDR2 was the most boring game he ever played, also saying that "some people are continuing to play Death Stranding", he has given up on DS and hates it. He was basically saying, DS is the new low in boring games.

This coming from the biggest Kojima fan in the world is pretty damning.