Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

Days Gone

I just listened to Dan Rykert sigh his way through what he played in the preview event, on the Giant Beastcast. He ended with, “seems like a whole big bunch of nothing”.

Although he did also say he spoke to people that enjoyed it. 

It seems like one of those games you gotta be up for.  It's such a crowded genre and time investment critics especially must sigh thier way through them

We've had Red Dead, Ubisoft's offerings and god knows what else. 

Guy from Giant Bomb has spoken, every other Journalists' opinions are invalid. 🙄

Not really. He’s not the only one not big on it. 

I remain unconvinced to spend £50 quid on it as yet.

£40 for a 30+ hour adventure sounds good to me.

Most previews were positive, way more positive than I was expecting. If you choose to listen exclusively to the one or two that weren't and base your opinion solely on those then fair enough I guess.

You'll be eating some Crow once the reviews (not Giant Bombs') drop.

It really could go either way. On the one hand,it has potential. On the other,previews aren’t massively excited about what it has to offer. 

I wouldnt preorder it,though I have it down on my rental list. 

52 minutes ago, Blakey said:

You'll be eating some Crow once the reviews (not Giant Bombs') drop.

What are you expecting it to do?

I’m not expecting it to get completely panned, but I would expect whoever has it on Fantasy Critic to either lose points or gain very little.

Polygon, GameInformer, EZA, PushSquare, GamesRadar, What’s Good Games, Metro, GameReactor, VentureBeat etc. @one-armed dwarf

The ERA Preview thread is probably your best bet if you want to know all of them.

Anywhere from 78-85 MC Average @Hendo, I’d be really surprised if it was any less or more than that based on the strength of the previews. 

Ok, I’d say there is a 10 point difference on where we both stand. I’m not expecting anything more than 75.

I have had zero interest in this game from the moment it was announced.

It’s on my Fantasy Critic list,so I hope it scores well. But I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t set the world on fire.

Also a bonus is that it doesn't look like it needs 30 seconds to load in like Anthem's fucking does.

Is it worrying that the only out and out positive thing I’ve seen or heard about this game is about the menus?

3 hours ago, Maf said:

Is it worrying that the only out and out positive thing I’ve seen or heard about this game is about the menus?

Have you watched the Previews I posted on the previous page? Most articles from Polygon, GameInformer et al. Were positive on it too :)