passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Days Gone

DisturbedSwan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s scored a bit better than I thought it would, however the overall feeling of this game being dull and redundant seems to have been accurate 

I might get it. I don’t know. I like dull and redundant. 

I don't think you're as fucked as me still @AndyKurosaki you'll still get 1 or 2 points out of it ?.

I believe @wiivo 2.0 still got a few points for Far Cry New Dawn.

25 minutes ago, Nag said:

I've seen two review scores so far, one below 70% and one at 90%... so it's one of those games.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow,  doubt I'll start until Sunday though.

Pretty much. Seems incredibly divisive, will be interesting to find out which side of the scale I land on.

Just now, Maf said:

It’s scored a bit better than I thought it would, however the overall feeling of this game being dull and redundant seems to have been accurate 

I might get it. I don’t know. I like dull and redundant. 

Or you could play a real goddamn video game like Dragons Dogma ?

But I hope people get on with this and enjoy it too. ?

DF breaks down Days Gone. 

2 take aways for me were that his game took 7 years to make (What did they build a game for 5 it didn’t work they scrapped it and made this in two?) and the world of the game is really fixed in terms of objects and how you interact with it. I think it’s what adds to this game’s problem of feeling bland and generic but it also seems really old which is bad for a game that isn’t out yet

There are some really stunning looking images in the game, though, it has to be said. 

I feel like it's less about the scores these days but more about the consensus on social media and the opinions of popular youtube/twitch people.

Plus this game's premise is kind of The Last of Us meets The Walking Dead so new IP or not it's always going to have its fans. Even buggy messes like State of Decay have decent success so it's not hard to see why people would jump at the opportunity to get something like that with a Sony Triple-A budget.

That said, the fact that it outsold multiplatform releases like RE2 and Division 2 is definitely unexpected.

Edit: I wish we had cool videogame trailers in the cinema. We usually just have ads about insurances, new yoghurts and a truckload of softdrink spots.

11 minutes ago, Nag said:

I dunno, I just think cool looking advertising does the job on most people more than review scores... my last two trips to the cinema both had a tonne of games advertising, Captain Marvel was all Xbox (DMC5, Anthem and Rage 2) and Endgame was all PlayStation  (God of War, Spider-Man and Days Gone)

I think seeing those on a huge screen has more of an impact than ign giving something an 8.

absolutely, but if something is getting panned (and this wasn't) I think you can see it reflected in sales over time.

It's also worth remembering this came out in a very quiet spell, apart from Mortal Kombat the last game of note was Sekiro wasn't it? Not that I'm doing it down, more that I think it's launched at the right time... if you ignore how late it's released ?

edit: as an example of what I mean, weren't Fallout 76's (and Sea of Thieves but I'm less sure with the tail on that) really good first week then it bombed