passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DOOM

illdog

The big damage combo for quick kills on bosses seems to be 2 x BFG, regular Gauss Cannon, Detonation Rocket, 2 x Super Shotgun and Explosive Shot. But he does it all in about 3 seconds and I don’t know how you do that. Also he gets the insane Super Shotgun damage from miles away, I don’t know how he does that either. 

Uh, DMC without swords then

Wait Eternal has a sword now as well.

I noticed also on my own playthrough that Gauss cannon pops you back via recoil (which is also very DMC, cause Nero's gun does the same). I'm trying to think what that could be used for other than the momentum building he does. Could it be used for dodging I wonder

• 1 month later...

I can't afford new games but I want to play some Doom so I put this on.  Been working through some 64 too but my gosh this is really good.  

I had an attempt at Ultra Violence saved with 3 hours on the clock so I picked up there.  I'm having such a good time.  Hopefully I'll actually finish it as I stopped at what I believe was the final boss on normal. 

I was always a bit shy about using the chainsaw before but not this time. Even when I'm around half empty on ammo it comes out. 

I’m in same boat, can’t afford Eternal at minute but itching for some DOOM with the talk of the new one. Realised I’ve never actually even completed the 2016 one so worked out well really. Don’t know why, only reached the 3rd level then must have gotten distracted by another game.

Tell you what, it’s fucking brilliant isn’t it?! It just feels so good to play and the weapons are all really useful and satisfying to use in their own ways. Love all the alternative fires too and the little challenges attached to the runes and gun upgrades. 

My only complaint is also a positive. I like all the secrets and stuff to explore in the maps. But I do find it gets in the way sometimes, some of them are so well hidden or a secret door can so easily get lost on the scenery I find myself just running round in circles and staring at the map (excellent 3D map btw) for just far too long it really hurts the momentum the rest of the game builds so well. I’d actually prefer if the secrets were just a lot easier to get and find while just working through the level. Some you can’t back track too if you realise you missed it too which is annoying. I know this goes against what a secret should be but in this type of game does it really matter? I also know I could just ignore the extras - and when I do I have a lot more fun getting through the level, but my brain doesn’t like that and you miss out on all the upgrades. Small issue really though. 

Yea I realised that & you don’t have to complete the level after getting them which is a HUGE bonus. Love that fact. Would just be nice if it didn’t have unnecessary blocks stopping you backtracking if you realise you’ve gone a bit too far.