Sign in to follow this  
spatular

Overwatch

Having never played this before, I had a go on the free weekend recently, and I've picked it up.

Trying to work out which of the characters I'm good with.

I started out mostly playing Bastion, I've also been playing a lot of Orisa.

Last night I was playing Zarya and was doing ok.

Hanzo can piss off... as can tracer...

I was away from this game for almost a year and a half but I still followed all the news connected to it._BUT I've seemed to missed the most important thing. (which has apparently been in the game since January but no seems to know about or use it._)

Payload/Adjective Callouts - If you bind 'Acknowledged/Understood' to a button/Key not in use (Left D - Pad for example) and target the objective, your character will say defend or attack it.

If you bind 'Group Up' and target a player it will say "I'm with you!"

If you bind 'I need healing' to a key and play a healer then target players and press it, your healer will call them over to be healed. @Hendo

If you bind 'hello', it says hello to the specific player you're target.

I'm not sure why Blizzard is hiding this stuff, spamming worries  i don't know. :mellow:

For someone who somehow became a 'gremlin' with Mountain Dew and Doritos, it was quite a serious origin story. Glad my main finally got a video though. 

Still think Blizzard needs to make a animated Overwatch film. 

8 minutes ago, Blakey said:

She does not look fun for Brigitte players.

Which means fun for everyone else! 😉

I think she looks absolutely bloody brilliant. I’m shit with DPS characters though so I’ll probably only dabble with her in Quick Play.

Smart move by Blizzard showing her and the McCree short now. They’ve obviously pre-empted that the Red Dead release will have got everyone in a cowboy mood, so it’s perfect timing.

In other news, the UK (against all odds and expectations) steamrolled the USA (tournament favourites) in the Overwatch World Cup quarter finals yesterday 😊

IT’S COMING HOME!

Not watched that yet. Probably catch up today if I have time.

I watched the UK vs Korea semi and they did extremely well. Korea have such a ridiculous amount of quality and depth in their squad which was the difference in the end.

The UK gave them a game though and were just short of taking it to the fifth map. Not bad at all considering they only had one player (Boombox) that played in the Overwatch League last season.

Boys done good 👍

The good news?

Ashe is live (few weeks earlier than expected).

The bad news?

There’s a 19 gig download/re-install that comes with her.

Downloaded it overnight and had a quick dabble with her in Training this morning.

Seems like a really great hero with a very cool kit. Think the shooting dynamite combo is going to be hard to pull off consistantly, and the way her gun reloads is going to take some getting used to.

People were wanting another skill based DPS character and she certainly seems to fit that bill. This unfortunately means I will be playing her exclusively in Quick Play, as I’m terrible at DPS and have no skill.

Going through some old videos I found this, which is my semi-annual reminder I need to record more stuff when playing with my group:

Some traditional Yorkshire swearing to kick things off, followed by my favourite thing to do while playing Orisa.

Really, that bridge is unsafe, it should be closed down. 

I saw videos earlier of people playing the fully working pianos in the level. That’s pretty cool!